Dell Mini 10 Guides Guides, Articles and How-To's for the Dell Mini 10

Comment

Tutorial Tools Display Modes
  Old

Thumbs up Mac Users' View on Hackintoshing a Mini 10v-Upgrade Ram, Update BIOS, Install OS X - 06-08-2009, 05:48 AM

Preamble
I'm a long-time Mac user (and Fanboy) but I'm also a collector of computers and gadgets from my past. I have a very nice collection of computers and gadgets, going back to CP/M. I have 10-15 Ataris (my first computer), 20-30 Macs and Apple IIs, including a Bandai Pippin and...

Dell Mini 10v, 2GB, 120GB, 6-Cell, BT, 802.11n | Mac OS X 10.6.1 - 10v Hackintosh Guide - Get Dropbox for Mac OS X 2GB Free
Old 06-18-2009, 10:11 PM

Send a message via MSN to jedi_trem
Default Fast and Easy Install if you have an Intel Mac and an external hard drive

Hi Everyone, first of all, I want to say thanks for the great guides.

I have successfully hackintoshed my 10v and I did things a bit different. I used my macbook, the retail cd, an external dc drive, and a portable hard drive.

I didn't have any large flash drives, so I improvised and it so far has worked out fine.

I work on Macs all day so I have a 500 gig external iomega usb hard drive, it's GUID and has 16 partitions (various ASD's Hardware tests, Tiger Retail Install, Leopard Install, and blank ones for what I did)

I installed a fresh copy of Leopard onto an empty HFS with journaling partition on the external hard drive using my Macbook.

Then using the bootcd from a mini 9 guide I used that to boot onto the Retail CD of Leopard.

Using Disk Utility I re-partitioned my internal 120 gig drive to GUID and HFS with journaling.

Usign Disk Utility I restored the external install of Leopard to the 120 gig internal drive.

Rebooted using the boot disk into safe mode "-x"

installed dellefi, then installed 10.5.7

Reboot into Safe mode

ran Dellefi again,

reboot no cd no safe mode... works perfect.

setup the wireless card, installed sound (extreme)

Bluetooth and everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks for the great guides

ON a side note if you keep that blank install image around if you mess up it take s a lto less time to copy that than to reinstall
"Everything in life can be solved by the simple application of a baseball bat"
===================================
Old 06-22-2009, 10:23 AM

Default Soundcard working correctly?

Hi!

Nice guide. However is soundcard working correctly with the kext? Headphones, mic etc...

I have a mini 9 working perfectly but am thinking of getting a 10v with a little larger keyboard, and my son can have the mini 9(he has smaller fingers .)
Old 06-23-2009, 02:17 PM

Hi,
I tried a hackintosh based on a 10v (1GB RAM) with retail DVD 10.5.6 and following your indications but unfortunately i didn't go over the first boot.
It is stopping at the initial boot process, last thing i see is that is trying to connect to the Apple HDA audio interrupt and that one failed, got an exit from that point and then lists the Airport LAN MAC address and the script stops.
Any idea?

Regards,
Balu
Old 06-27-2009, 09:53 PM

Default Hackintosh / Dell Mini 10v Recovery

i am preparing to install OS X on 3(three) Dell 10v's so my sisters can SKYPE/GTalk. In the past when my sisters had major problems on their Mac i would ask them to erase the drive and copy the previously saved DVD with the OS X and programs to the HD. Problem solved.
Now, with the hackintoshed Dell 10v it looks like i will be telling them to:
1) Run DellEFI Bootloader 3.3 (2GB model)
2) Press F12 to boot off USB Flash Drive
3) Format the drive with 1 partition for Leopard
4) Named the partition (OSXMINI9)
5) Next paste the previously saved DVD copy of the hackintoshed Dell 10v with the OS X and programs.
Problem solved or is it? Am i missing anything? TIA
Old 07-01-2009, 12:06 PM

I am in the same camp. I used the above guide and this one:

Guide Method 1 - Single USB Drive (Mac-only) | DellEFI | mechdrew

I though it was easiest to do it with the mac/usb method.

Everything is working except the internal microphone.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baumer View Post
I am in the same camp. I used the above guide and this one:

Guide Method 1 - Single USB Drive (Mac-only) | DellEFI | mechdrew

I though it was easiest to do it with the mac/usb method.

Everything is working except the internal microphone.
So this is still not working ?
Old 07-07-2009, 02:02 AM

Yes, I have not seen a post where someone has got the internal mic to work. Mine is not working.

fyi - I used a usb mic today. It worked just fine.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baumer View Post
Yes, I have not seen a post where someone has got the internal mic to work. Mine is not working.

fyi - I used a usb mic today. It worked just fine.
You need to go to the voodoo control panel and adjust the selection to one of the mics available. One works one doesnt. You also need to adjust the volumes that become possible to adjust and if you play with the volumes and the selections of the mics you will find one that will move as you speak into into and not just vibrate or shake around like the old mic would.

It does work.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:15 PM

There are new nifty install methods with USBs. I have yet to use them for my installs. I still use a boot cd(7.9 I think) and a retail os x dvd to restore a saved time machine backup after I use the retail dvd to reformat the drive to a guid disc.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario65 View Post
You need to go to the voodoo control panel and adjust the selection to one of the mics available. One works one doesnt. You also need to adjust the volumes that become possible to adjust and if you play with the volumes and the selections of the mics you will find one that will move as you speak into into and not just vibrate or shake around like the old mic would.

It does work.
Mario65 - Can you post a link to the instructions on how to do this. How do you access the "voodoo control panel"? Does this work for iChat? I can see the two microphones listed in system prefs -> sound (one is "external" and one is "internal"). The one labeled "external" appears to be picking up some sounds, but when I got to iChat prefs - it does not even move the bar.

Thanks for the help. I would love to get the internal mic working.

Tags
2gb memory upgrade, dell mini 10v, hackintosh, os x

« Previous Tutorial | Next Tutorial »
Tutorial Tools