Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old

Default NBI 8.3 Final For Me = Hibernate image is too old by 627680 seconds. Use ForceWake=y. - 12-25-2009, 06:20 PM

I downloaded the Final Release and it appears to have crashed my boot. After downloading and running, I'm now stuck in a constant boot. Then I get the message: Hibernate image is too old by 627680 seconds. Use ForceWake=y to override. Then the computer restarts. I have no clue how to get past this.

I have noticed that the Final Release is no longer on the website.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilCozyFab View Post
I downloaded the Final Release and it appears to have crashed my boot. After downloading and running, I'm now stuck in a constant boot. Then I get the message: Hibernate image is too old by 627680 seconds. Use ForceWake=y to override. Then the computer restarts. I have no clue how to get past this.

NBI 0.8.3 Final is Being Fixed | Blog | OSX | mechdrew

Apparently a small bug slipped into the software at the last minute which is causing errors. The software has been redacted and an update will come shortly. Please wait to install until I have posted that it has been fixed. Thanks for your patience and Merry Christmas!

Ok, so I was able to fix this issue. I went back and used my original NBI from my install. Of course the problem with that is the NBI on my USB is 0.8.2 and I'm running OSX 10.6.2 so now I have to fix that issue. Gotta find that post now.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilCozyFab View Post

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Ok, so I was able to fix this issue. I went back and used my original NBI from my install. Of course the problem with that is the NBI on my USB is 0.8.2 and I'm running OSX 10.6.2 so now I have to fix that issue. Gotta find that post now.
Does anyone know the link to fix my current problem? Thanks.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mechdrew
Default 12-25-2009, 07:47 PM

Redownload the final release, it's back up. I had to repair my own install with it. Check the options for the bootloader, extensions, and dsdt.aml. You might need to enter your password twice during the process.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | XP Home | Windows 7 Home | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: ON | BT: None | NBI 0.8.3 Final
http://osx.mechdrew.com - News and Guides for Installing Mac OS X via NetbookInstaller - Now on Twitter

(#3) Old

Default same problem - 12-26-2009, 01:42 AM

i am having the same problem - is the only way to fix this is to reinstall the os? i think this is my only option. forcewake=y ForceWake=yes and other methods do not work. could you post a link to the final release please? also - i am a noob - how do i install the new chameleon onto a computer that i can not boot up?