General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#81) Old

Default 09-03-2009, 12:34 PM

I want it for the Exchange integration. I can stop using Entourage if I can get SL working on the Mini.

I don't know if it is entirely due to 64 bit code, but I have noticed a lot of other fast stuff in the OS. . .
  (#82) Old

Default 09-03-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcclure937 View Post
No. Leopard is not required to be running on the Mini. You can do fresh installs of SL
You need to be more specific. If you paid for the $10 upgrade disk, then it will NOT work as it has been proven that you cant use this disk to install to a new hard drive.

The $10 disk does let you do a clean wipe install, but somehow it knows that you had leopard prior by sticking in the dvd while you are booted into leopard first, then reboot to the DVD, then in utilities wiping the drive then installing.

So make sure you are using the $29 retail disk.
  (#83) Old

Send a message via AIM to Carlos Send a message via Yahoo to Carlos
Default 09-03-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxSPUDxx View Post
You need to be more specific. If you paid for the $10 upgrade disk, then it will NOT work as it has been proven that you cant use this disk to install to a new hard drive.

The $10 disk does let you do a clean wipe install, but somehow it knows that you had leopard prior by sticking in the dvd while you are booted into leopard first, then reboot to the DVD, then in utilities wiping the drive then installing.

You're flat wrong. I have the $10 Mac Up to date disc and I used it to install SL on my Mini 9. You should not answer questions if you are not sure of your answer.
  (#84) Old

Default 09-03-2009, 06:49 PM

Any update on getting audio working on the Mini9?

Dell Mini 9
64GB SSD, 2GB RAM, 1.3mp Cam, BT Module
OS X 10.5.6
  (#85) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 09-03-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxSPUDxx View Post

Please do not tell me to be more specific when I was being perfectly accurate. The $10 and $29 upgrade disk are the same thing... and they each allow you to do a clean install

Read Carlos's reply above as well ^^

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | osx.mechdrew.com -- the best OSX installation guides
  (#86) Old

Default 09-10-2009, 09:14 AM

So first time round it didn't work. I re-installed 10.5.6 using the netbookmaker install method, and then simply installed a touched 10.6 image on top of it, it all worked very smoothly. Just be aware to run the NetBookMaker tool in the Applications folder, and to repair permissions. Sleep still doesn't work though, which is annoying, but I'll keep looking rhought the forums.

Doh!! I'm so stupid. Legacy USB, of course! *smacks head* well, everything seems to be working smoothly now. Thanks to everyone who's made this possible!

Mac OSX 10.6 on Dell Mini 9
  (#87) Old

Send a message via MSN to tommaso.paoletto Send a message via Skype™ to tommaso.paoletto
Default 09-10-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammonsc View Post
Any update on getting audio working on the Mini9?
When could we see .8.3 release with working audio kext ?
  (#88) Old
Guru

Send a message via AIM to meklort Send a message via MSN to meklort Send a message via Yahoo to meklort
Default 09-10-2009, 12:50 PM

At the moment, I don't have a audio working, so sometime after that happens. It won't be this weekend.

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 2 GB RAM | 32 GB Buffalo SSD | BIOS A05
Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 1 GB RAM | 160 GB HDD | BIOS A06
My Blog | NetbookInstaller code repository | NetbookInstaller Website | Want a Lockerz.com invite? message me.
  (#89) Old

Default Sleep Mode not working - 09-10-2009, 01:32 PM

Got SL up and running last night using netbookmaker - everything seems to work fine other than audio (which we know about) and sleep mode. The sleep mode problem is much different than the problem seen in Leopard. In this case, the mini9 seems to wake up somewhat, but only to the point that it displays the initial "space" screen. Nothing else happens after this.

Perhaps I missed something in a prior post. Also, I assume we still need to disable legacy USB support...
  (#90) Old

Default Remove old Sleep File - 09-10-2009, 01:50 PM

Just tried removing the old sleepfile and now it seems to work... Using mode 3 by the way.

Nevermind - it opened into my desktop, but everything is really messed up!