General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#11) Old
adb1028 adb1028 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default 03-29-2010, 09:08 PM

meklort,

I went through the installation process, and now when i boot, all i get is a message telling me to restart , but in the background, it says "Version is mis-match between Kernel and CPU PM." Any ideas on how to fix this? I had everything working perfectly in 10.6.2 with NBI 0.8.4 on my Mini 10v
Reply With Quote
  (#12) Old
Carlos Carlos is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 143
Join Date: Mar 2009
Send a message via AIM to Carlos Send a message via Yahoo to Carlos
Default 03-29-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
Now you tell me. I got this, didn't know what it was and forced a shut down and reboot. Now it boots but it just hangs at the desktop with the mouse and the magnifying class in the upper right hand corner.
Is there a fix for this? What are you options?
Reply With Quote
  (#13) Old
meklort meklort is offline
Guru
 
meklort's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,353
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Colorado, USA
Send a message via AIM to meklort Send a message via MSN to meklort Send a message via Yahoo to meklort
Default 03-29-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adb1028 View Post
meklort,

I went through the installation process, and now when i boot, all i get is a message telling me to restart , but in the background, it says "Version is mis-match between Kernel and CPU PM." Any ideas on how to fix this? I had everything working perfectly in 10.6.2 with NBI 0.8.4 on my Mini 10v
Try booting with recovery=y.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
Is there a fix for this? What are you options?
Only thing that worked for me is to reinstall. Rerunning NBI didn't fix it for me.


Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 2 GB RAM | 32 GB Buffalo SSD | BIOS A05
Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 1 GB RAM | 160 GB HDD | BIOS A06
My Blog | NetbookInstaller code repository | NetbookInstaller Website | Want a Lockerz.com invite? message me.
Reply With Quote
  (#14) Old
Carlos Carlos is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 143
Join Date: Mar 2009
Send a message via AIM to Carlos Send a message via Yahoo to Carlos
Default 03-29-2010, 09:13 PM

Looks like I found a fix. I rebooted -v and let it sit where I thought it was hung at the desktop. It took a while then the desktop loaded. I'm rerunning 8.4Rc1 in 10.6.3 and will test if it boots up normally.
Reply With Quote
  (#15) Old
adb1028 adb1028 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default 03-29-2010, 09:16 PM

how do i boot with recovery=y?
sorry, but i dont know how to do this
Reply With Quote
  (#16) Old
saintstryfe saintstryfe is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Default Not a problem here. - 03-29-2010, 09:16 PM

Just updated my Dell Mini 10v without a hiccup - ran NBI, restarted, ran Software update, restarted, waited out NBI's booter, auto-restarted, done. Completing some additional OS updates (Safari and printer drivers) now.

Edit: Picture Proofs



Reply With Quote
  (#17) Old
DashBoard Jesus DashBoard Jesus is offline
Junior Member
 
DashBoard Jesus's Avatar
 
Posts: 27
Join Date: Jan 2010
Default 03-29-2010, 09:17 PM

I cannot stress enough to have patience with this update.

Here's what worked for me.

*Installed NBI 0.8.4RC1, Ran and rebooted.
*Download and install the COMBO 10.6.3. (I NEVER use the Delta pkg.)
*Rebooted
*My machine looked like it was going to reboot twice, the NBI logo will come on the screen THIS RAN FOR 5-10MIN! let it run!
*Machine will reboot with the Apple logo AGAIN HAVE PATIENCE
*My machine had no audio source. I then rebooted again and audio returned.

Everything appears ok even after disk permissions repair and reboot.

THANKS MEKLORT!


10v | BIOS A06 | N270 | 1GB RAM | 160GB HDD |Dual Boot Win7/OS X 10.6.4 |(NBI 0.8.4RC1 ) | Wireless N 1510 |
Reply With Quote
  (#18) Old
DougA DougA is offline
Member
 
Posts: 52
Join Date: Dec 2009
Default 03-29-2010, 09:18 PM

I think I am going to wait until I hear a few more people chiming in with successful updates...

It all sounds a bit sketchy at this point.

10.6.2 is rock-solid for me on the Dell Mini 10v, and I see no huge upgrade benefit after upgrading my "real" macbook to 10.6.3

Edit: WTH, I guess I will go for it, as the last two posters had successful upgrades.............I'll let you know how it goes.
Reply With Quote
  (#19) Old
adb1028 adb1028 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default 03-29-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meklort View Post
Try booting with recovery=y.
How??
Reply With Quote
  (#20) Old
Carlos Carlos is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 143
Join Date: Mar 2009
Send a message via AIM to Carlos Send a message via Yahoo to Carlos
Default 03-29-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
Now you tell me. I got this, didn't know what it was and forced a shut down and reboot. Now it boots but it just hangs at the desktop with the mouse and the magnifying class in the upper right hand corner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meklort View Post
Only thing that worked for me is to reinstall. Rerunning NBI didn't fix it for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
Looks like I found a fix. I rebooted -v and let it sit where I thought it was hung at the desktop. It took a while then the desktop loaded. I'm rerunning 8.4Rc1 in 10.6.3 and will test if it boots up normally.
This worked. It's booting up normally now. The reinstall in 10.6.3 took a VERY long time to run. I was patient and waited for Netbookinstaller to complete then shut down. It's booting up normally.
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.