Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  (#1) Old

Default Download locations for newer NBI? Update 10.6.3 to ? - 07-04-2011, 03:57 PM

I've been away from the forum for ages.
My mini works like a charm on 10.6.3 but I figure it's time to do the last update available for the 10v. I assume the security updates for the newer versions make it a good idea to do this (still running Tiger on my real Macs! and use Firefox not Safari)

I did the original install from a 10.6 install disk using NBI 0.8.4RC1 and immediately updated to 10.6.3 via the combo update available from Apple at the time.

1. Can someone please help me with the best/easiest way to do this last update to 10.6.7 OR should I stop at 10.6.6?

2. Can I go directly from 10.6.3 to 10.6.7 via a combo update download from Apple - or do I need to do it incrementally?

3. What is the sequence and can I do it just once -
run NBI (which version*?)
install combo update
run NBI?

4. *Can someone please point me to a download source for the newer versions of NBI?
I found and downloaded this NetbookInstaller 20100616212351.app.zip - is this the latest and the one to use???

5. Can I jump to the newest useful version of NBI or (as above) do these have to be run incrementally?

Is it true Meklort has left the building? He has been such a help to all of us, I wish him well, but hate to see him go.
What about mechdrew?

JnC

how-i-made-bootable-clone-flash-drive-my-mini.html

 Mini 10v  | 1 GB RAM | 160 GB HDD | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI 0.8.4RC1 | BIOS A06 | 6 cell battery | USB Legacy Support Enabled

Last edited by JnC; 07-04-2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Added more info in italics

Tags
nbi, updates