Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  (#1) Old

Post Dell Duo Advice - 11-05-2013, 07:35 AM

Long time reader, first time caller.

Just acquired a gently used Duo *squee* and was wondering what upgrades are possible with it.

Haven't cracked the case yet so not sure how many mini card slots are installed, currently 2GB Ram (I understand that this is the maximum supported), and the combo BT/WiFi card. Interested in all the options available, not just the obvious 2 1/2" SSD.

So, no memory upgrades possible or am I wrong? What about the possible mini card options? A GPS unit? I've also heard the WiFi card is a good part to upgrade. I'm certainly not using the Bluetooth. Any other odd options? What about using one of the minicard slots for an SSD? Possible?

Also interested in a list of drivers I'd want to have if I were going to do a fresh install of 8. Any issues with that? 64 bit?

Also, there is a scratch in the digitizer...anything work for that?

You:"They just told me to come in here and tell you there was trouble at the mill! I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition!"