General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#21) Old

Default 06-04-2010, 03:40 AM

Please post the DSDT.aml changes you did.
  (#22) Old

Default 06-04-2010, 03:58 AM

I think it was a lucky shot I was trying to repair brightness control with another DSDT.aml I found in the internet and just for curiosity I tried clossing the lid and it worked (lol)

So then I mixed that DSDT.aml with my DSDT.aml that NetbookInstaller generated. Just replaced LID0 device from the downloaded file in my file and fixed several compilation problems that I had.

EDIT: I was trying to open a .jpg and found that I can't open or edit images :S I can only preview them. Do you know how to fix this?
Attached Files
File Type: zip dsdt.aml.zip (13.0 KB, 59 views)
  (#23) Old

Default 06-05-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by korn88 View Post
I think it was a lucky shot I was trying to repair brightness control with another DSDT.aml I found in the internet and just for curiosity I tried clossing the lid and it worked (lol)

So then I mixed that DSDT.aml with my DSDT.aml that NetbookInstaller generated. Just replaced LID0 device from the downloaded file in my file and fixed several compilation problems that I had.

EDIT: I was trying to open a .jpg and found that I can't open or edit images :S I can only preview them. Do you know how to fix this?
Yeah, that file is no good on my machine. Closing the lid caused the system to lock up just as it always has. Hmm...

You can't open anything in Preview or with QuickLook? In my experience so far, the biggest limitation in regards to working with files is the lack of Quartz Extreme support. iPhoto is a great example; I can import photos and organize them, but I can't edit them or view them full screen.
  (#24) Old

Default 06-05-2010, 11:53 PM

My fault, I forgot to tell you.. you also have to disable USB legacy (I believe it's called USB Emulation) in bios. Let me know if that makes lid to work. You can also try disabling hibernation with pmset command in terminal (I think it is: sudo pmset hibernatemode 0)

Just like you, I have problems opening them in full size It might be, as you said, because of no Quartz Extreme support. Now I have Photoshop installed and it works great, so I will keep using it to open images.
  (#25) Old

Default 06-06-2010, 04:05 PM

Ah, that got it! It's not quite sleep, but at least the system will stop freezing up everytime I accidently close the lid due to habit. lol Thanks man!

What version of Photoshop are you running? What's the load time on it?
  (#26) Old

Default 06-06-2010, 04:21 PM

Yes, it does not sleep So you have to be carefull if you carry it because disk will continue spinning. It would be great if we find a solution for this.

I'm using Photoshop cs3. I haven't done any heavy work yet, but it runs smooth, the performance really surprised me. Maybe it's because of the dual core cpu, I don't know
  (#27) Old

Default 09-03-2010, 03:43 AM

I bump this thread to share same useful tips I found to make the lack of QE/CI more tolerable:

1) In replace of Preview I am using a free app called JustLooking. It works great!
2) To be able to make screenshoots I replaced Snow Leopard's screencapture (in /usr/sbin) with screencapture from a Leopard version. I have done the same with Grab utility.
3) If you want to have a transparent top bar like if you had QE/CI support () you can use Transbar app (google it)

And I have a question for you. Is your HDMI output working in SL? I tried to make it work with no luck
  (#28) Old

Default 09-10-2010, 05:50 AM

Is the onboard LAN working?
  (#29) Old

Default 09-11-2010, 08:02 AM

No, onboard LAN it's not working for me. But I haven't tried to make it work because I use WiFi.

EDIT: I've found a kext that should work. I'll give it a try an post my results here!

EDIT 2: Worked great!! I am posting with my 11z through ethernet at the moment

I attach the working kext to this post.

Things that still don┬┤t work: HDMI, graphic x4500 support, sleep functions and brightness adjustment
Attached Files
File Type: zip AtherosL1cEthernet.kext.zip (69.4 KB, 37 views)
  (#30) Old

Default Dell 11z OS X sound kext needed - 09-17-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisliphart View Post
Here's the VoodooHDA with prefpane that worked for me. There's a third file in there too, but I didn't do anything with it; not sure what it's for. lol

Use Kext Helper to install the kext, and double click the prefpane to install it into your system preferences.
I have OS X loaded on my 11z. SU4100, 4gb RAM. The VoodooHDA kext is not working for me. I use the Kext Helper to install it which seems to work fine but after reboot, still no sound. Does anyone have any other idea or know where I can get a kext that works. Thanks.

Edit update: I just got the sound to work. I had to copy the three files, VoodooHDA.kext, VoodooHDA.prefPane, and voodoohdahelper to the extensions directory then launch the vodoohdahelper. As soon as that was done, I reran the netbookinstaller 0.8.4 RC1. restarted the machine and the magic happened. Sound is perfect.