My Digital Discount MDD are online retailers of Runcore SSD drives and accessories for your Dell Mini netbook.

(#1) Old

Default Extended battery won't charge - 06-02-2011, 10:24 AM

I bought the extended battery from your shop in Oswego and used it for awhile with no problem. I haven't used my Mini in months so of course the battery ran out but now it won't charge at all. I've had it plugged in overnight but nothing. What can I do to fix the battery? Thanks in advance for your help.
Update: I charged the original Dell battery to 98% and it works fine. I also tried taking the extended battery off and putting it back on while it was plugged in (as was suggested i9n another post)but that didn't work either. The battery meter says 0%(charging)and has since yesterday.

Seriously? No response from anyone???

6/4/11 Update Battery meter showed X through it. Took battery off then put back on while plugged into AC. Result was error message and flashing lights "Battery not identified. Press F1 to continue." Following instruction did nothing. Had to remove battery completely and plug into AC in order to get Mini to come on.

Guess I was suckered into wasting $50 for the extended Battery.

Last edited by jgr789; 06-04-2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Added information
  (#2) Old

Default 06-08-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgr789 View Post
I bought the extended battery from your shop in Oswego and used it for awhile with no problem. I haven't used my Mini in months so of course the battery ran out but now it won't charge at all. I've had it plugged in overnight but nothing. What can I do to fix the battery? Thanks in advance for your help.
Update: I charged the original Dell battery to 98% and it works fine. I also tried taking the extended battery off and putting it back on while it was plugged in (as was suggested i9n another post)but that didn't work either. The battery meter says 0%(charging)and has since yesterday.

Seriously? No response from anyone???

6/4/11 Update Battery meter showed X through it. Took battery off then put back on while plugged into AC. Result was error message and flashing lights "Battery not identified. Press F1 to continue." Following instruction did nothing. Had to remove battery completely and plug into AC in order to get Mini to come on.

Guess I was suckered into wasting $50 for the extended Battery.

If you would like to PM me your order information I would be happy to look further into this for you.

MyDigitalDiscount.com is your connection to the digital world.

Join the MDD Community: Follow us on Twitter.com/MyDigital or become a fan on Facebook.com/MyDigitalDiscount to get the latest news, product updates and exclusive offers.
  (#3) Old

Default 08-03-2011, 08:01 AM

Danielle,

I've also had the same problem with my extended battery.

pete
  (#4) Old

Default 08-03-2011, 06:49 PM

Pete,
We are happy to assist. Can you give me an order number so that I can set you up with an RMA? We are happy to replace the battery. You can also reach me at orders@mydigitaldiscount.com if you perter. We look forward to getting this taken care of for you.

-Danielle MDD

Join the MDD Community: Follow us on Twitter.com/MyDigital or Like us on Facebook.com/MyDigitalDiscount to get the latest news, product updates and exclusive offers.
  (#5) Old

Default 08-04-2011, 07:11 AM

Danielle,

I found the order by checking my order historoy on your site; it was order ID: 28393, from Sept. 21, 2009.

Thanks,
pete

Last edited by psavas; 08-04-2011 at 07:20 AM.
  (#6) Old

Default 08-04-2011, 04:44 PM

Thanks Pete. I am still having trouble locating that order. Can you give me the email address that would be attached to that order? Look forward to getting you taken care of.

-Danielle MDD

Join the MDD Community: Follow us on Twitter.com/MyDigital or Like us on Facebook.com/MyDigitalDiscount to get the latest news, product updates and exclusive offers.
  (#7) Old

Default 08-11-2011, 12:03 PM

Danielle,

It was psavas @ comcast-dot-net. I am able to see both the order for the Battery and the order for the SSD drive (Order Id 29446) when I look in my orders history.

Also, I received an email back from Doug today regarding my SSD drive, which read "Please set Pete up with an RMA." I believe he CC'ed you on that message.

Thank you again for all your help,
pete

Last edited by psavas; 08-11-2011 at 12:06 PM.
  (#8) Old

Default 08-15-2011, 05:45 PM

Pete,

If there are any other concerns please reach me at orders@mydigitaldiscount.com, you should be all set.

-Danielle MDD