Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#1) Old

Default SL / 7 boot issues - 03-02-2010, 05:08 AM

I installed SL on my 10v tonight, followed the guide here (Installed via External DVD drive using NetbookCD). I went this route, as I have an external DVD and I don't have access to a Mac to make the USB disk.

I want to dual book SL / 7, so I looked for a guide for that. I found this one. It shows how to set it up with 2 USB disks.....so I figured I would attempt to follow phase 5 and 6. 5 went off no issues.....in fact I am on the Win 7 partition now typing this. Phase 6, can't get it to work. As the NBI is not on the "disk" I figured I would boot into SL, run NBI and attempt to follow the instructions. Long story short, no go. I can boot into 7. Can't get into SL unless I change the active partition in diskpart.

How do I get this one? Please go along with the assumptions that I don't have a USB stick for SL, but I do for Win 7 (a 4gb'er). Is there a guide I am missing?

Thanks!
  (#2) Old
Expert Member

Default 03-02-2010, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0212353 View Post
Can't get into SL unless I change the active partition in diskpart.
Then why not do so? Once it is active, boot SL and run NBI to reinstall Chameleon. You will then have to repair Windows 7 using your USB drive, as explained in various guides (including the one you linked). If you want to avoid having to do the repair, you can follow my instructions here.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | Windows 7 Professional | Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 | 1GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: OFF | USB Wake: OFF | BT: Enabled (self-installed BCM2046) | NBI 0.8.3 final
  (#3) Old

Default 03-03-2010, 04:21 AM

I got it working. redid it all following the steps in my first post.

easier to do that than keep messing with it.