Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old

Default Mini 9 and Windows 7 bluetooth? - 06-25-2009, 04:21 PM

I don't find BT in the device manager but I see an unknown device and I suspect that is it. I have tried to get into bios to make sure its turned on but FN+S (F@) won't let me in nor will "2" so I can't verify its on.

I checked Dell support for my machine and it lists BT as in the build. I downloaded the XP driver pack for the BT but it won't install. Message reads "turn on with FN+F2 of Radion On/Off"?

So - I'm pretty much stumped at this point. Anyone help me solve this please?

Thanks.
  (#2) Old
Retired Mini user

Default 06-25-2009, 04:47 PM

Windows 7 finds the Mini 9's Bluetooth all on it's own, no additional drivers are needed.

If you loaded the Wireless Switch utility Fn-2 (not F2) should display a dialog box that will turn on the Wifi on and off in different combinations.

The Device Manager should show Bluetooth Radios as a subsection with two devices underneath. If the radio is powered off they disappear from Device Manager.

Dell's Wireless Switch Utility installer for the Mini 9 is R192570.exe (I don't have a URL for it, but you can search here for it, I know it's been mentioned in several posts.)

Getting an iPad
  (#3) Old

Default 06-25-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfKeeper View Post
Windows 7 finds the Mini 9's Bluetooth all on it's own, no additional drivers are needed.

If you loaded the Wireless Switch utility Fn-2 (not F2) should display a dialog box that will turn on the Wifi on and off in different combinations.

The Device Manager should show Bluetooth Radios as a subsection with two devices underneath. If the radio is powered off they disappear from Device Manager.

Dell's Wireless Switch Utility installer for the Mini 9 is R192570.exe (I don't have a URL for it, but you can search here for it, I know it's been mentioned in several posts.)
That worked! Thanks. I'm trying to tether Palm Centro via BT.