Dell Mini 10 Guides Guides, Articles and How-To's for the Dell Mini 10

Comment

Tutorial Tools Display Modes
  Old

Default Downgrade your Mini 10v BIOS to A04 (Requires Windows) - 09-03-2009, 11:03 PM

## Note: There are risks associated with BIOS updates. Follow this process at your own peril. ##

1. Create a DOS bootable USB stick on your Windows computer

1a] Download USBDOS tools from the end of this guide.
1b] Unzip and run HPUSBFW with...
Old 12-11-2010, 05:11 PM

Well, I followed all the instructions to downgrade the BIOS. The reboot scared me when it just turned off and didn't start back up again. It's been about ten minutes since, and it has still not started back up again. Do I have a brick on my hands?
Old 12-25-2010, 01:13 AM

I can't do the Idoogy way or the max carnage way with the A07 bios, anybody have any tips or strategies?

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Or do you not need to downgrade A07. (Does it work without any work is what I'm asking.)
Old 01-31-2011, 01:19 PM

By downgrading from A06 to A04, will this solve the issue with the battery?

WARNING: The battery cannot be identified.
This system will be unable to charge this battery.
Strike the F1 key to continue.

I read there is an issue with the A06 version and that the A04 would solve this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Nick
Old 05-18-2011, 03:48 PM

Default Doorstop

Well, i let the bios flash program run, and then when we got to the reboot stage... nothing. Doorstop.

Any suggestions? Take it to a "computer guy?" Or give up altogether?

I'd love to know if anyone's got suggestions. i cant post an email address since this is my "first post." But i'm at nilanj02 at msn.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:50 PM

Default Epic fail

I followed the instructions exactly and was left w/ a comatose HacBook 1011. Thankfully, I found this thread (I can't post the link due to too few posts, so just past this after the .com):

forum/dell-mini-10v/18080-how-unbrick-mini-10v-using-floppy-drive.html

After following the steps exactly, it came back to life. So if you have a paperweight, there may still be hope. Of course it goes w/o saying YMMV.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:24 PM

I was doing this and everything was going fine, I got up the the blue screen with the loading things or something, didn't get a proper look and then my charger cable just said "Screw this" and came out, thus turning the computer off... in the middle of the install/repair!

After I had cried a little I plugged it back in and nothing... Not even the charging light or anything and it's not responding to ANYTHING! I have tried with cable, with out cable and plugging in into different power outlets but still nothing. I just wonted to see it there was anything I can do before I dismantle it and see if taking everything out and putting it back will help. Good tut, easy to follow but dam power cable. If you could, ASAP because I have to use it for college tomorrow (30/9/11) thanks, Take care

Mankey John
Old 02-15-2012, 01:54 AM

For anyone who is getting a brick from this, DO NOT keep your battery in during the bios update. Take it out before you boot from the USB. That worked for me. Battery still isn't charging on A04 bios. Is it possible to downgrade to an earlier version (IS there an earlier bios version available?)

Any idea's?

Last edited by jgor; 02-15-2012 at 02:06 AM.. Reason: Figured it out
Old 02-15-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgor View Post
Any idea's?
Stop trying to downgrade the BIOS. The guide dates from 2009, SFAIK the BIOS has long ceased to be an issue. There are lots of people, including me, who are running on A06 with no problems.

If you do have problems then take the HD out, put it in a USB drive, do an install onto that and then put the HD back in.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:12 PM

Showing me a warning that i amd trying to flash with an older version???
Comment

« Previous Tutorial | Next Tutorial »
Tutorial Tools