Dell Mini 10 Guides Guides, Articles and How-To's for the Dell Mini 10

Comment

Tutorial Tools Display Modes
  Old

Default Dell Mini 10v Running Leopard: Story Here - 07-20-2009, 11:49 PM

Preamble:
Well, I love Macs. I have an iPhone, I have an iPod, and I even have a subscription to Mac Life magazine. Then it finally dawned on me that I don't have a Mac. Well, I didn't have $1000 to spend on the newest model Mac so I went around looking for the cheapest Mac. And I...

Dell Mini 10v | Intel Atom 1.6GHz | 2GB RAM | 120GB HDD | Bluetooth + Webcam | Mac OS X 10.6.1 | NetbookInstaller 0.8.2a
Get yourself a real MacBook with Lockerz! I got invites! PM me.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:07 AM

Dareyourmind is back up
Old 08-12-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgencopy View Post
Day 1.5, and everything seems to be working but sound.
I followed the steps above with the exception of:

7. Once you do that, you will need to exit the kext white list in /Extra/UpdateExtra.app/Contents/Resources/kext_whitelist and remove AppleHDA from the list.

I can't seem to find the AppleHDA file.
You need to opposite click on the UpdateExtra app then click view Contents, this will lead you to the Contents folder where you can continue. This step is not absolutely necessary so don't worry about it if you can't figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack-a-Mac View Post
Anyone have any preferred settings to get the 2 finger scroll to work correctly? It is real flakey here. I mean, its a start but not as smooth as I would like it. Sometimes it works, but then other times it doesn't. And what is the horizontal scrolling? I guess I need a guide to the scrolling options. Must quit comparing my MBP to the mini!
The trackpad was not designed to take multi-finger gestures, like the Mini 10's was. If you feel like trying the latest trackpad driver, you can find version 18.2 somewhere on these boards which might help with your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
I just got a dell mini w/ the Mac OS and recently wife updated the OS to latest one (I believe it's 10.5.8)?

Anyhow - its the latest version

Now the sound doesn't work.. any idea what's up. Help please.
Boot into safemode (boot -x) then check and see if your sound is working... If its not, return to regular boot then reinstall VooDoo.HDA the same way you did before. After thats done, reboot into safemode and see if sound works then, if so, it should be fixed, if not, you might need to try other methods (such as using NetBookInstall 0.8.2 RC1 with the "Fix Audio" checkbox selected.) And you can even try other forms such as VanillaHDA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rsonic View Post
Im buying a Dell Mini 10v 1GB RAM, 160GB. If i follow this step by step, will it work?
There's no guarantee's but I was thinking the same question as you before I bought mine. If you follow this step by step it should turn out like a Mac... theres not much that can go wrong, you just have to be sure you run NetbookInstaller to patch the errors.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:14 PM

Dareyourmind is down again...

Can someone post the files please?

edit:

Used this guide - worked on the first try.

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell...g-works-3.html
Old 08-18-2009, 10:19 PM

Guys Im new At This I Have A USB Driver With 15G I have Mac Os X Installation Cd And A Dell Mini 10v... Since I Dont Have A Mac What Are My Options?
Old 08-22-2009, 06:00 PM

Exclamation ok i do not get this ???!!!!????!!!!

[B][/B6. Delete the AppleHDA and IOAudioFamily kexts in /Extra/Mini10vExt and copying in the VoodooHDA.
7. Once you do that, you will need to exit the kext white list in /Extra/UpdateExtra.app/Contents/Resources/kext_whitelist and remove AppleHDA from the list.
8.Finally, run UpdateExtra (the extensions update thing), press the update button and wait a while (it'll become unresponsive). Once that's done, you can reboot and VooDooHDA should be used now. And with that sound will work you come back from sleep mode. can someone please explain in detail where i can get to that and what is the whitelist ... ive dont the instal and now i feel like a noob....
Old 08-27-2009, 06:10 PM

Hello, Excelente guide!!!
My DELL Mini 10V with 2GB now the sound is working, but not the microfone and the trackpad cotinues crazy

Do you know other way for the microfone and tackpad

Thank you
Old 12-01-2009, 10:16 PM

I'm new here... Still awaiting my Dell mini 10v to ship. So before going through the process, I have a question. In "THE INSTALL" you wrote: I did click F2 to get into the BIOS but didn't need to change much". Isn't it mandatory to revert to 04?
Old 10-21-2011, 11:18 AM

The dropbox file for Melkort's touchpad is empty. Can someone upload again? Many thanks!
Comment

« Previous Tutorial | Next Tutorial »
Tutorial Tools