Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old

Exclamation Norton Mobile Security Blocked Sites - 09-26-2011, 05:24 PM

Norton Mobile Security blocked redkid.net as a malicious site. Its suppose to be a sign generator site like a novelty. Good to see the app works.

Anyone else using this app and have come across other blocked mal-sites? Can you share?

(#2) Old
Administrator

Default 09-27-2011, 04:25 PM

Norton identified a phishing scam web page on the site. See Norton Safe Web, from Symantec - report for redkid.net

Steve
  (#3) Old

Thumbs up 09-27-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
Norton identified a phishing scam web page on the site. See Norton Safe Web, from Symantec - report for redkid.net

Wow, Steve! No wonder they named you SUPER MODERATOR! You knew all about redkid.net! Of all sites in the "universe", I happen to stumble upon it when looking for a sign generator site for a quick graphic! I had no idea Norton published an article about the very site.

I am sold on this app now! Its a keeper! Hey thanks for your fast follow up and reference article!

(#4) Old
Administrator

Default 09-28-2011, 01:03 PM

I was vaguely aware of redkid.net but did not remember the name. What I did was go to the Norton Safe Web site (which I did know about) and looked up the domain. This is the info Norton products base their alerts on.

While a normal user of redkid.net might never see the phishing page, the fact that someone managed to create one means that the site is unsecure and therefore risky to visit.

Steve
  (#5) Old

Default 10-05-2011, 03:07 PM

Is it a good idea to put in URLs of dodgy websites on the forum? The references will be picked up by google & raise the pagerank of the dodgy site in question...
  (#6) Old

Default 10-05-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyndStryke View Post
Is it a good idea to put in URLs of dodgy websites on the forum? The references will be picked up by google & raise the pagerank of the dodgy site in question...
Not sure what is meant here. Are you referring to not mentioning the redkid.com site by name in this forum?
  (#7) Old
Administrator

Default 10-05-2011, 06:14 PM

The site itself is not "dodgy", but it is open to attack and should best be avoided.

Steve
  (#8) Old

Default 10-05-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
The site itself is not "dodgy", but it is open to attack and should best be avoided.

Thats what my thoughts are too, if the site is already fishy, why be concerned about a bad public rating for which it certainly deserves. (steve, I love that avatar, by theee way).

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

One thing I just realized too, regarding phishy and malicious site blocked by Norton MobileBeta is, if you hit that upgrade button in the android market, youll lose beta and get "Lite" which no longer provide this feature but you can get it back after purchasing the full version.......