My Digital Discount MDD are online retailers of Runcore SSD drives and accessories for your Dell Mini netbook.

(#1) Old

Default My Digital Discount Product Suggestion Box - 04-01-2009, 08:38 PM

Is there a specific product that you would like MyDigitalDiscount.com to carry? If you have any products in mind for us to add to our inventory, please post a reply with your suggestions here.

Thank you,
My Digital Discount

MyDigitalDiscount.com is your connection to the digital world.

Join the MDD Community: Follow us on Twitter.com/MyDigital or Like us on Facebook.com/MyDigitalDiscount to get the latest news, product updates and exclusive offers.
  (#2) Old

Default 06-02-2009, 08:46 PM

Here is a quick update on a few of the requests from this thread:

Extended Batteries: We have a small shipment on their way for quality testing and update this thread with our findings.
Touch Screen Kits for the Dell Mini 9: Just added to our site, here.
Touch Screen Kits for the Dell Mini 12: No kits are available that we know of just yet.
RunCore 1.8" PATA ZIF SSDs for the Dell Mini 12: Are currently in testing and we may receive a shipment by mid next week.

Suggestions for the HDD access LED and connector were also passed onto RunCore.

We will be sure to update even more in the next few weeks as we get more information on L shape Mini PCI-e connectors and more.

Keep those suggestions coming!

MDD Jeremy

Join the MDD Community: Follow us on Twitter.com/MyDigital or become a fan on Facebook.com/MyDigitalDiscount to get the latest news, product updates and exclusive offers.
  (#3) Old

Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Some-what Evil
Default Is this true? - 06-22-2009, 04:12 PM

A while back one or two of the posts in the forum have indicated that the 128gig SSD is slightly thinner than the 64gig SSD for the mini-9. I was wondering if this was true and if so what would be a good fix for this besides getting the slightly thinner connector and soldering it in place?

Thanks for all your time and effort to make this a most moddable netbook.

Mini-9
STEC 8 gig SSD
RAM 2Gig 800Mhz.
WWAN parts in place
Fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Gigabyte b,g & n WiFi card that works
Sony DVD ROM/CD burner in slimline external case
Planned upgrades; 16 gig STEC SSD, Internal Bluetooth and Black Lid
  (#4) Old

Default 07-12-2009, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDD Jeremy View Post

RunCore 1.8" PATA ZIF SSDs for the Dell Mini 12: Are currently in testing and we may receive a shipment by mid next week.
A while ago.. like 4 months.. MDD has a topic with "Guinea Pig" sign-up for testing these. I signed up first but never heard more then asking for my address -_- The poster was Matt Dawson I believe.

[Current] Acer Aspire Timeline 4810T-6937 1.4Ghz Core 2 Duo CULV, 3GB DDR3 RAM, 320GB HDD, XP Home
[Previouslyl] Dell Mini 12 - 1.33GHZ Atom, 1GB RAM, 60GB HDD, XP home/Windows 7
  (#5) Old

Default 07-13-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netbook Abuser View Post
A while ago.. like 4 months.. MDD has a topic with "Guinea Pig" sign-up for testing these. I signed up first but never heard more then asking for my address -_- The poster was Matt Dawson I believe.
We know that RunCore offered a Beta Tester discounts for MyDigitalDiscount buyers through the first editions of the 1.8" Zif drive due to compatibility issues but the slots filled up pretty quickly and that is no longer being offered at this time.

We are expecting an announcement any week now of a new 1.8" Zif that should make most users very happy.

Join the MDD Community: Follow us on Twitter.com/MyDigital or become a fan on Facebook.com/MyDigitalDiscount to get the latest news, product updates and exclusive offers.
  (#6) Old

Default 07-16-2009, 03:28 PM

I'd like to be able to retrofit my Mini 9 with the 3G card that I opted NOT to buy originally!
  (#7) Old

Default 07-16-2009, 06:12 PM

Miss Pixel;

If you go to the broadband section of this forum you will find several posts to accomplish that. You will have to purchase at least the PATA connector and possibly a SIM card slot to be soldered onto the motherboard. HOWEVER, You may just purchase a USB stick from one of the 3G providers in your area and have exactly the same thing. Its a matter of what you can accomplish and how much work your willing to put into the project.

GOOD LUCK ! ! ! !

Mini-9
STEC 8 gig SSD
RAM 2Gig 800Mhz.
WWAN parts in place
  (#8) Old

Default 07-21-2009, 04:31 AM

6 cell batteries for the mini9!!!
  (#9) Old

Default 08-20-2009, 03:15 PM

I apologize for the delay but here are a couple status updates:

Extended Batteries

We just received our first shipment of 5200mAh Extended Life 14.8V Batteries for the Dell Mini 9 and Vostro A90. Each extended life battery can last up to 10 hours without the need to plug in for a charge.

They are now available on our website and our eBay store.

Touch Screen Kits for the Dell Mini 9

These are in stock and ready to ship. We have them listed on both our website and eBay store.

RunCore 1.8" PATA ZIF SSDs for the Dell Mini 12

The RunCore Pro IV 1.8" Zifs now listed on our website for preorder with our first shipment arriving at the end of this month.

They are available in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB capacities with a 75MB/s write and 85MB/s read speed rating.

Get yours here.

128GB SSD for the Dell Mini 9

This is another product that is now available for preorder on our website and expected to begin shipping at the beginning of September.

RunCore has introduced their Pro IV 50mm T-Style PCI-e PATA SSDs for the Dell Mini 9 and Vostro A90 allowing those with an open WWAN slot the ability to upgrade to 128GB hassle free.

These are available in 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB capacities with a 62MB/s write and 81MB/s read speed rating.

Get yours here.

External PCI-e to USB Enclosures

We have ordered additional SATA, PATA, and Mini PCI-e enclosures from RunCore with our PRO IV shipments and should be listing them shortly.

MDD Jeremy

(#10) Old

Default 08-22-2009, 12:56 PM

What happened to the SDD access light kit? Is this still in design phase or is it in production along with the newer drives being offered? Perhaps a printed circuit cable to connect them with a quick release on the SSD .... same as used by the mouse pad, power switch and keyboard. A choice of colors would also be nice.

Mini-9
STEC 8 gig SSD
RAM 2Gig 800Mhz.
WWAN parts in place