Windows 7 Discussion on Windows 7 and operating it on the Dell Mini series.

(#1) Old

Default Touchpad settings for Mini 10v - 09-08-2009, 12:56 PM

For Windows 7 on the Mini 10v what is the recommended installation and settings for the touchpad? With the default Windows 7 drivers you don't get the virtual scroll option (swiping the right hand end to go up and down) but when I installed the latest Synaptics Vista drivers the virtual scrolling works but I can't click and drag - I press the left select with one finger but when I try and drag with a second finger the pointer just jumps all over the place - I'm guessing the driver needs to know to ignore the bottom section of the trackpad?

- Simon.

Dell Latitude E6220 | E6230
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-08-2009, 09:08 PM

I have a feeling this might have been covered before, but I am dammed if I can rember where I saw it! Or was that under OSX, rather than Windows 7 perhaps!

I would also be interested in the answer to this question though, as it is now my intention to install Windows 7 on my next Mini 10v ASAP.

BTW, do the speaker, camera and microhone work OK... under Skype, for example?

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#3) Old

Default 09-21-2009, 08:45 AM

I found an option with the Synaptics touchpad driver that allows me to a double click and then drag the selected item - you do this by holding down on the second click. I no longer need to use the left button on the touchpad.

- Simon.

Dell Latitude E6220 | E6230
  (#4) Old

Default 03-25-2010, 02:30 AM

Anyone have updated idea on this? I just installed Windows 7 on my new 10v, and I'm about to throw it out the window already! I just want the buttons to function like buttons! I would like to clikck and drag with the left button. Thanks!
  (#5) Old

Default mouse pointer takes off on 10v - 05-21-2010, 12:02 PM

Had good experiences with my 2 mini 9,s so I got a 10v. I saw numerous posts about how the trackpad "sucked" but never saw any detail on what was specifically the problem........

Now that I bought one, I can report specifically that my mouse pointer seems to randomly jump location on the display......

I set the trackpad sensitivity way down, disabled tap-to click and scrolling and that helped SOMEWHAT. It still aint right though. Any ideas?
  (#6) Old

Default 08-12-2010, 03:54 AM

BUMP!!

Anyone get this working yet. I've got the same problem with my cursor jumping all over the place. Makes highlighting multiple files quite difficult.
  (#7) Old

Default 08-13-2010, 02:37 AM

Install the latest driver at Synaptics homepage, set the right bottom corner to Right-click. In this way, I don't have to use left click and right click button.
  (#8) Old

Default 09-08-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokenguyen View Post
Install the latest driver at Synaptics homepage, set the right bottom corner to Right-click. In this way, I don't have to use left click and right click button.
Doesn't help with the cursor jumping all over the screen while trying to highlight text or multiple files at once. I've got double click to drag working but that really only works for moving windows around. If you hold down the left button and move the cursor (like you are highlighting files) the cursor jumps all over the screen. I'm almost ready to re-install OSX at this point.