Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Syslinux USB bootloader needed - 09-11-2011, 12:17 AM

HI all, i had lost my syslinux bootable USB...now i can't find a site that hosts the syslinux. i.e., syslinux.xxx sites are down, unusually, and others hosting the file are down too...

Could someone please post a syslinux up to file serve or sumtin (i'm on windoze so i need a rar, not a tar, etc...)

I had the 10v dual boot with 10.5.8, and backtrack, and the usb would just load into a prompt, i hit esc, then go to 81, then it loaded the osx. when i try chameleon 2 rc4 (as a syslinux alt), i click on the mac logo at the boot loader gui, then it goes to a silver apple screen with the spinning timer just spinning forever...

the error says that hibernate was too long like 3million seconds, or sumtin, then, "using 'y' for force wakeup"

i hope that doesn't confuse things, i'm just saying that i used chameleon as an alt to syslinux and this happened.

I'll be hunting down anguish to try and get exactly what i used for my syslinux usb. he's got a triple boot guide here as well as videos on youtube...

If anyone here knows what i'm talking about regarding this, please help, please post the file, and or walkthroughs...

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

--
Actually, what i need is a dell mini boot iso 8.02b1

OSX 10.5.8|Dell Mini 10v|2GB RAM|160GB HD|A05 Bios|Dell EFI method (Anguish-Youtube Ver.) |TrippleBootWin7-OSX-Ubuntu

Last edited by Trilokavijaya; 09-11-2011 at 04:23 AM.
  (#2) Old

Default 09-12-2011, 09:04 PM

hmmmm....i think i posted this is the wrong section....

BTW, i'm on a new dell mini...this one (i've got a new mini) has a06 bios (my old one where it all worked was a a05)...do i need to upgrade to a new bios, ie a10? or downgrade to a05?

all versions of dellminiboot(i'm using 1b), and syslinux (3.2, 3.63, and 4.40) are not working...they say "cannot find kernel cm.32) or something to that extent...they are not even letting me hit esc. to get to the other HDD installs/OS's.

OSX 10.5.8|Dell Mini 10v|2GB RAM|160GB HD|A05 Bios|Dell EFI method (Anguish-Youtube Ver.) |TrippleBootWin7-OSX-Ubuntu
  (#3) Old

Default 09-12-2011, 11:35 PM

i HAD to use dellminiboot8.021b, and syslinux 3.63...no exceptions...