Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#111) Old

Default 03-28-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurra View Post
I'm having a major problem with my sound, I can see the icon but it's greyed out. I updated to 10.6.8 and everything else seems to work fine (re installed netbook installer and did disk repairs), I even solved the hibernation's too old issue but for the life of me I can't solve the no sound issue. I keep reading posts stating that a file needs to be changed but I don't understand where the files are and what I'm changing them too.

Can someone please give me some basic instructions for getting my sound back?

Thanks in advance
I successfully upgraded with bbkr's in-depth guide, and have everything working except for this.

I too cannot get my sound back, even after multiple restarts (usually the go-to fix whenever I have this issue after updating).

I've tried a few third-party kexts but after surviving a persistent kernal panic with VoodooHDA (bad idea, dont try it!) I've given up on doing it on my own.

Any suggestions on a particular kext to use for the 10v 10.6.8 sound issue?

Thanks all

EDIT: Also tried HDAEnabler.kext, no crash, but no sound

Last edited by slapshot434; 03-28-2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: clarification
  (#112) Old

Default 03-28-2012, 07:17 PM

read the post just before yours.
  (#113) Old

Default 03-28-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredharris View Post
read the post just before yours.
Forgot to include that i tried that kext as well, no kernel panic but no sound either
  (#114) Old

Default 03-31-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot434 View Post
I successfully upgraded with bbkr's in-depth guide, and have everything working except for this.

I too cannot get my sound back, even after multiple restarts (usually the go-to fix whenever I have this issue after updating).

I've tried a few third-party kexts but after surviving a persistent kernal panic with VoodooHDA (bad idea, dont try it!) I've given up on doing it on my own.

Thanks all

Fix AppleHDA.kext [10.6.8][2.0.5f14] [Working internal mic. Autodetection headphone and microphone][DeLL INSPIRON mini 1011] - osx86.net/view/2530-applehda_for_alc2722.0.5f14.html

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

Remove from: HDAEnabler.kext and legacyAppleHDA.kext

Dell mini 10v 1011 | BIOS A04 | NBI ...351 | Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549) ⎢Win7.

Last edited by Gower; 04-01-2012 at 08:51 PM.
  (#115) Old

Default 05-20-2012, 10:06 AM

Bluetooth DUN update:

I've noticed that one of the security updates broke PPP interface. I was able to share my internet connection from mobile to dell mini using bluetooth without any problems (I prefer this method instead of USB 3G modem as it has very small impact on battery work time). After upgrade it says "Connecting..." and "Disconnecting" right after that.

This was caused by one of the PPP related file having wrong permissions after update, repairing permissions and re-pairing devices helped.
  (#116) Old

Default 06-25-2012, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad2k4 View Post
6) Edited plist in NetbookInstaller 20100616212351, replacing "Inspiron 1011" with "MacBook4,1", installed with the same defaults as in step 1, and rebooted.
7) Used Kext Helper B7 to install nawcom's SleepEnabler.kext, repaired kext permissions, and rebooted.
So I am getting OSX back onto my 10v after a long hiatus, and am stuck at this step that involves editing the plist. I just do not remember what that means anymore...I am in PlistEdit Pro, but cannot get into the NBI file to edit anything. I am hoping someone is still around that can guide me through the plist stuff, as I am so close!
  (#117) Old

Default 06-25-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMcMadMac View Post
So I am getting OSX back onto my 10v after a long hiatus, and am stuck at this step that involves editing the plist. I just do not remember what that means anymore...I am in PlistEdit Pro, but cannot get into the NBI file to edit anything. I am hoping someone is still around that can guide me through the plist stuff, as I am so close!
I dug into it a bit more and feel like a newb...right click and "open" the package is all it takes to get into it. From there just dig down to the plist and then edit it. This makes me ask, though, why not modify it at the beginning? Does it need to be original for the first go round?
  (#118) Old

Smile Help For Newb - 07-02-2012, 05:11 PM

newb here !

i have windows xp currently and want to put osx. i use osx on my desktop (imac 27)
My netbook is latitude 2100 - i have 3 of them.... whats the method for 10.6.8 or any thing close to that? please help
  (#119) Old

Default 07-05-2012, 10:44 AM

I wanted to install 0.8.5pre from meklort as he has voodoopowermini and cpui in order to enable speedstep and throttle.
Are there any issues installing voodoopowermini on 10.6.8 ?

Last edited by zcream; 07-05-2012 at 11:28 AM.
  (#120) Old

Default 07-05-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot434 View Post

Thanks all

I had the exact same issue with bbkr's guide (no sound). Tried everything to no avail.

Finally pulled up my sleeves and rebuilt from scratch today -- so 10.6 ISO image as a start, and NetBookMaker 0.8.3 (as I recall 0.8.4 didn't work properly with 10.6 and no service packs). Then used bbkr's guide to the letter EXACTLY, starting with the NetbookInstaller 20100616212351 post 10.6 install part. Sound is now working for me, Bluetooth and Wifi, with 10.6.8 and all software updates as of this writing. I didn't test the mic or camera yet, but those aren't deal breakers for me anyway.

---------------------------
Mini 10v A06, MacOS 10.6.8

Last edited by roebeet; 07-05-2012 at 07:40 PM.