Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old

Default Display hinge swivel - 11-12-2010, 03:48 PM

Anyone know if there is a way to make the hinges on the LCD display swivel back?
I would love to be able to do this so that it is almost a hacked tablet. These days I mostly use my Mini 9 to read e-books and e-comic books. I rotate the display in Windows so that it is in portrait mode for easy viewing of books. Being able to flip the display back would be very convenient for easy holding and viewing.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Default 11-12-2010, 05:04 PM

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#3) Old

Default 11-13-2010, 08:53 PM

are you talking like a convertible laptop where theirs one center hinge that swivels or do you want to make the hinges on the mini bend completely around to put the screen over top the bottom of the mini 9?

The first one is impossible without a new case. The second one is possible if you made new hinges.

If you rarely use your mini for anything else id suggest buying the 60 dollar touchscreen kit for it and building a tablet out of it. I did that with mine and loved it

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell...blet-mini.html < is my tablet build if you want to see what they look like

It pretty much just comes down to cutting a monitor hole in the case reversing the screen and wiring and moving the power button to a place you can use it.
  (#4) Old

Default 11-16-2010, 11:13 AM

Actually, I'm just looking for anything simple and inexpensive. A touchscreen would be nice but it's not exactly what I am looking for. I'm simply looking for a way to bend it backwards all the way around to the bottom for easy handling.
  (#5) Old

Default 11-17-2010, 04:39 PM

Thats a really hard puzzle to solve then. YOu will need new hinges and a couple case modifications. It will be far from simple.