Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#21) Old

Default 04-09-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvunixvx View Post
Hi. First off, great thread, I am replicating your mod with some variation. I followed your guide as far as the accelerometer goes, and it works great for rotating the screen.

Since I am still waiting for my touch screen; I am using the accelerometer on my un-modded vostro, in which I still use the touch pad.

I have ran earlier versions of iRotate when using my vostro as an E-book, however; the mouse rotation is not syncing in Windows 7 with the accelerometer. Any ideas?

On a side note: in my modding of my mini, when I use the standard shell of the mini, it sits a little high on the hinges, have you ever considered a whole puncher to take a little plastic off of the top shell so it sits a little lower? Just a thought.

Thanks
I understand what you mean regarding the touchpad rotation issue, but I never used the touchpad with iRotate. I'm not sure if the option to rotate the touchpad orientation exists?

I dont think I understand your last statement, how do you mean it sits high on the hinges? can you take a picture and post it here?

Mini 10v | 2gb | 1.3mp | BT 2.1 | Windows 7 RC
Mini 9 | 2gb | 32gb SuperTalent | Windows 7 OEM

Tablet Project: http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell...r-w-video.html
  (#22) Old

Default 04-13-2010, 06:59 PM

Mini 10v | 2gb | 1.3mp | BT 2.1 | Windows 7 RC
Mini 9 | 2gb | 32gb SuperTalent | Windows 7 OEM

Tablet Project: http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell...r-w-video.html
  (#23) Old

Send a message via MSN to Atan3
Default 05-09-2010, 03:24 AM

Hey man, love your work on the tablet.. I was really taken by the idea of making it a slider, and I was just wondering two things;

- if you found a way to increase the responsiveness of the sensor, cuz sometimes I rotate it but I have to give it a slight jerk for it to register the change...

- is there any way to configure the two buttons on the controller as i want to add external switches to them so that when I open the slider the switches will automatically change the screen orientation...

any ideas man?

.... close your eyes and see, when there ain't no light
BB - 216F2EAA

Mini 9|2GB RAM|32GB SuperTalentSSD+San Disk 32GB Flash+San Disk Cruzer 16GB Flash|Windows 7 Ultimate -Slimline|Windows Vista Home Premium -Slimline
  (#24) Old

Default 12-21-2011, 04:15 AM

very nice

Tags
accelerometer, mini 9, motion, tablet, touchscreen