Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old

Default 10.6.8 issues - unintended update. Help a Noob please! - 08-15-2012, 08:40 PM

Hi Everyone,

So a few months back I got a Dell mini 10V that was hackintoshed off ebay. It worked great and I was getting used to it, but then I lent my netbook to my friend since her laptop was off for repairs. Well she accidentally allowed the update to 10.6.8 and now my mini10v is stuck in a reboot loop. I searched the threads and found a few but none of them solve the issue.

I've been able to boot into recovery (using recovery=y) but can't seem to reinstall OS 10.6.6 using the CDs the seller provided (they're burned so not original)

If I can't install Mac OS X, can I at least go back to windows?

I have a legit copy of XP and Win 7...I'd love to keep it 10.6.6 but if I can't, I'd at least like to have a functional windows netbook.

Any help would be appreciated (and sorry if this is the wrong forum) as you can imagine I'm a bit worried about losing my back up computer!

Thanks,
Johnathan
  (#2) Old

Default 08-16-2012, 05:33 AM

Hi Johnathan,
first download this file
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11557543/Net..._Mini-1010.zip
Then boot into recovery and run it, you should then be able to boot into osx but some things still wont work. Then follow the advice in post #90 in the link below.
http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell...-thread-9.html
That should get you going.
A lot of people are happy running 10.6.7, that will require a re-install which you can do over your existing install so that all your programs and file remain intact.
There are guides on here on how to do it but you will require a running osx hack or real mac and a copy of Snow Leopard.
Mike

Dell inspiron mini 1011
A06
OSX10.6.8
Win7
Ubuntu 13.04
  (#3) Old

Default 08-16-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabhunter View Post
Hi Johnathan,
first download this file

Then boot into recovery and run it, you should then be able to boot into osx but some things still wont work. Then follow the advice in post #90 in the link below.
That should get you going.
A lot of people are happy running 10.6.7, that will require a re-install which you can do over your existing install so that all your programs and file remain intact.
There are guides on here on how to do it but you will require a running osx hack or real mac and a copy of Snow Leopard.
Mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick response. I got fed up with OS X, removed the hard drive, put in a new one and installed windows. I am definitely going to try your fix and see if that helps. Will report back today or tomorrow.

Thanks,
Johnathan