Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old

Default Streak dead??? - 10-26-2010, 11:16 AM

hey..
I just got my streak yesterday...had some problems with the market which sorted out at night..

left it on my cupboard with 99% battery overnight..

wake up this morning ...its dead!!..

and even worse it fails to switch on even after plugging it in..

any idea what it is...or will i have to return it..

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

ah!!...finally got it working...after removing the battery, the sim, the sd card...unplugging the charger....

but to my surprise when looked at the battery % it was around 50%..

this means it hadnt switched off due to discharging...

any idea why it switched on and wudnt start initially???
  (#2) Old

Default 10-26-2010, 01:10 PM

Have you installed any apps on it yet. If you have maybe something tried to access the outside world during the night, run into trouble and crashed your device. I've had app crash my streak a few times and had to take the battery out before it would restart.

Did you leave the APN/GPS/data sync on overnight? if you keep getting the same problem at night try switching them all off.

Also you could install a battery watcher app and something like 3G watchdog to monitor your battery and APN connection overnight to try and narrow down what's causing the issue

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel ...

Or is it just the front of an approaching train!!!
  (#3) Old

Default 10-26-2010, 01:53 PM

i did install install some apps here n there but then at night before leaving it I switched off wifi as well as 3g...so i doubt it cud access anything overnight...
  (#4) Old

Lightbulb airplane mode - 10-26-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
i did install install some apps here n there but then at night before leaving it I switched off wifi as well as 3g...so i doubt it cud access anything overnight...
I switch to Aeroplane mode if I want to make sure that the battery stays roughly where it is at night. Only tend to lose 1-2 % that way.
  (#5) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 10-27-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decimal View Post
I switch to Aeroplane mode if I want to make sure that the battery stays roughly where it is at night. Only tend to lose 1-2 % that way.
Be sure to check out my Android battery tips !

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#6) Old

Default 11-01-2010, 01:41 PM

I too had that very same problem and there was no added apps at all placed on my device. The contraption dropped dead on me, it came on just once,went black and remained that way. I removed the battery, prayed, tried charging it, it would'nt accept a charge. I contacted dell and was told they have had many callers with this same problem and it could be due in part to the elderly OS it has. Thats what was told to me, and they requested it back and sent me out a brand new one which works very well. So if you just purchased the device, and its nothing you did out of the ordinary, then call dell, give them the service tag number ,explain the problem and they will send out a new device to you.
  (#7) Old

Default dell streak dead - 02-16-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrihippi View Post
I too had that very same problem and there was no added apps at all placed on my device. The contraption dropped dead on me, it came on just once,went black and remained that way. I removed the battery, prayed, tried charging it, it would'nt accept a charge. I contacted dell and was told they have had many callers with this same problem and it could be due in part to the elderly OS it has. Thats what was told to me, and they requested it back and sent me out a brand new one which works very well. So if you just purchased the device, and its nothing you did out of the ordinary, then call dell, give them the service tag number ,explain the problem and they will send out a new device to you.
how many days did they took it to replace