Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#21) Old

Default 04-25-2011, 02:13 PM

tik great commmmmments about Joli. Now im looking for another netbook but i cand put price for my small machine the mini 10 still alives jejej, so im gonna use it for travels or stuff like that. Im looking netbooks but alls now have the gma 3150 and i dunno how is the performance with joli, or ubuntu, need to check that.

maybe fdalbor knows more about gma 3150 =P
bye

Koma2

Dell Mini 1010 Atom Z530,160 hd,BEAUTIFUL GMA 500
Desktop:AMD Black Series 7750 x2, Ati hd 5770 DDR5 1gb, Thermaltake Case Wingrs, 4gb ram.
OS:win 7, ubuntu 9.10, ubuntu 10.10, and keep testing other OS
Twitter:@gbarrav feel free to add my twitter and share or ask info about mini 1010
  (#22) Old

Default 04-25-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komadosse View Post
tik great commmmmments about Joli. Now im looking for another netbook but i cand put price for my small machine the mini 10 still alives jejej, so im gonna use it for travels or stuff like that. Im looking netbooks but alls now have the gma 3150 and i dunno how is the performance with joli, or ubuntu, need to check that.

maybe fdalbor knows more about gma 3150 =P
bye

Koma2
While I don't own a netbook with the 3150 chip set I do know of quite a few guys who do and Joli 1.2 runs fine on them. Same with Ubuntu 10.04, 10.10, and 11.04 and you won't have to do any special work to get the higher resolution with them.
If I were going to get a netbook with the 3150 chip set I would go ahead and get a 1012 as you have a pretty good choice of options. Also I would go with the high res screen. But to be honest I don't think you will see a whole lot of performance improvement over the 1010.
You might want to take a look at something with the new AMD processor or one of the dual core intel's if you really want to see some major improvement in performance. But that's only my opinion. fdalbor

Dell Mini 1010 XP--10.04/Mandriva One/Joli 1.2
Compaq R4000 laptop AMD 64
Compaq SR2034NX AMD 64
  (#23) Old

Default 04-26-2011, 06:10 AM

If I have to start all over again without taking into consideration my IPAD ( I had 2, got them for free from on site seminars), I will go with 11z (Intel CPU - either the i3 or the Pentium SL/SU chip). Thin, light, fast sata II, and very nice screen. Just perfect companion size for a traveler.

BTW, I'm in love with my new Lat2100 Keys and lights and typing on my LAP is very nice experience.

XPS-1340 Merlot | C2D-p8700 3 Gig | 1510N-wifi | 9500g SLI | 3 Gig RAM | Crap -HL-DT-DVD gs20n | => donate=given away.
Lat2100 | Yellow | 320-40G-g3 ssd | 1366x768 | 1397b/g | 2 Gig | 6-Cell | Got back from Ell
Mini9 - 1 Gig 16 gig SSD OSX10.6.3 to 10.6.7-unstable so_now_10.6.8 Very nice.

hack+, re-use+, recycl+, donate+

Last edited by tikblang; 04-26-2011 at 06:13 AM.
  (#24) Old

Default 05-08-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komadosse View Post
Fdalbor u caught me!!!! jolicloud is a mistery for me,i did the same like u i deleted a lot of progs on dashboard, u should try a reinstall cuz i really dunno where to find the apps when u delete from dashboar =/.

I agree with you, joli 1.2 runs very poor with gma500. like my first post all video options are disable.

now im using win7 with aero enable and all works good =P.

I forgot, Fdalbor, did u heard about EMGD drivers for ubuntu?? i heard on ubuntu 10.10 runs very good, any idea?

C ya. Komadosse
After using the PSB drivers for the past two years I decided to give the EMGD drivers a try. I installed 10.04 to a new USB 4gig drive and installed the EMGD drivers.

So far so good. I am getting ready to install some of the video add on's to try and get video's to play. Everything seems to work with the EMGD drivers; but I have only had them installed for one day.

From what I have heard of the PSB drivers will probably not be used anymore an (for the time being) intel is supporting the EMGD drivers. So while I won't discard my two SD cards that have 10.04 installed with the PSB drivers all my efforts will go into the EMGD drivers while using Linux.

Don't know wht Joli 1.2 uses; but it seems to work better than any of the ubuntu's. fdalbor

Compaq SR2034NX AMD 64
  (#25) Old

Default 05-25-2011, 02:27 AM

Hi all,

Because I didn't get a CR-48 (boohoo) and I'm itching for Chrome OS, I decided to give this a try.
I still need to install dropbox and upload everything to that and/or google docs. Installed the Writer/Calc apps.

Pros - runs off the browser, loving the ability to install most anything.
Cons - No bluetooth (meaning no separate mouse), no multi touch trackpad stuff. Works well with my home wifi, but disconnects from iPhone hotspot when resuming from sleep (I think that's an iPhone issue, because it happens in Win7 as well.

Unknowns - Dropbox/cloud storage usage.. will itunes or the ability to play itunes music ever be available? or can one of the players play the songs?

Issues fixed - no sound on youtube until first update.. none others yet.

Overall.. liking it better than ubuntu, but do the ubuntu drivers work for the mini10 now?

Khaos
  (#26) Old

Default 05-26-2011, 11:13 PM

The PSB drivers and the EMGD drivers work with the Ubuntu's (9.10,10.04,10.10 and 11.04) though I have had the best luck with the PSB drivers using 9.10 (no longer supported) and 10.04 and 10.10 (still supported but not by the original creator of the drivers). The EMGD driver works with 10.04 and 10.10 but not as well as the PSB driver.

I have had good luck with JOli 1.2 using the GUI video add on SMplayer and Mplayer. Just set the video GUI add on to Vaapi mode. Check the Joli help center for all the information on getting this combo working its not hard at all. Also install and setup the HTML5 video player as it will help with video playback.

Dont' know about the itunes thing as I am not a music buff; but the Joli people are always adding things to Joli . If you log into their site and put in a request for a itune player they could add it. They have added things in the past. Or they may already have a player. fdalbor

Compaq SR2034NX AMD 64

Last edited by fdalbor; 05-26-2011 at 11:25 PM.