Dell Inspiron Duo Forum for discussion on the netbook/tablet hybrid by Dell, the Inspiron Duo.

(#1) Old

Default Choppy HD video - 07-21-2011, 06:27 PM

Is anyone else having problems streaming HD video? I have 720p on my NAS that I'm streaming, but it's super choppy. I've managed to change up codecs and get the video smooth (some of the time) but audio goes out of sync. I'm not super knowledgeable of this stuff, but I think its H .264 AC3, in an .mkv format. 1080p is even worse choppiness.

I've been trying windows media player, VLC, and media player classic.

One of the biggest reasons I got a Duo was for HD video. Anyone have some advice?

Last edited by Diff; 07-21-2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Add info
  (#2) Old

Default 07-22-2011, 09:51 AM

If you load the file onto the Duo internal Hd & play it from there is it still choppy?
  (#3) Old

Default 07-22-2011, 04:52 PM

Ya i loaded a bunch of 720p movies onto the duos's hdd and they work fine, no choppyness nothing...

Using wmp and thats it. Goes into full screen and works fine
  (#4) Old

Default 07-23-2011, 03:55 PM

I've noticed mkv files that play fine from the Duo hd do have audio syc issues when played from a network device. I think it's a combination of network and Duo hardware limitations, as the same files are fine when viewed on my M11x with the same connection. I wonder if the Duo dock wired connection would help? Or a usb network adapter?
  (#5) Old

Default 07-26-2011, 05:13 PM

Yeah, playing from HD gives little to no video playback probs, but audio is way off sync. I can fix this easily enough with audio offset. I just added a new bridge to my network, so I'll give that a try again later this week.
  (#6) Old

Default No problem at all - 07-27-2011, 12:25 PM

Running mkv with the klite mega (options lot of things) the file in the pc I have no problem. I didn't watched a whole movie yet to check sync.