3G Mobile Broadband Discussion Discussion on 3G Mobile Broadband Packages

(#1) Old

Default Where can I buy 3G HSDPA internal antenna wiring ? - 12-12-2008, 02:52 PM

I have a mini 9 and I swapped the wifi card for a Novatel eu850D 3G pci card. The wifi antenna does ZERO to help the signal of the card. I have full 3G signal all around me but the 3G+wifi antenna only seem to work outside. As soon as I come in I lose connection.

I need to buy a 3G HSDPA antenna wire kit (that will fit on the connectors of my eu850d card) !!!

please help. i was so happy to get the laptop and the card but now its ruined by this problem !!

thanks
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Where can I buy 3G HSDPA internal antenna wiring ? - 12-13-2008, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslitedstt
I have a mini 9 and I swapped the wifi card for a Novatel eu850D 3G pci card. The wifi antenna does ZERO to help the signal of the card. I have full 3G signal all around me but the 3G+wifi antenna only seem to work outside. As soon as I come in I lose connection.

I need to buy a 3G HSDPA antenna wire kit (that will fit on the connectors of my eu850d card) !!!

please help. i was so happy to get the laptop and the card but now its ruined by this problem !!

thanks
http://mydellmini.com/forum/dell-min...734.html#p5400
N740H LCD cover, White IMR, WWAN antenna included, 910
R181H LCD cover, Black IMR, WWAN antenna included, 910

I have not tried this but I'm working on this. Will try to order the above part to get a WWAN antenna. I first want to make sure my WWAN slot is active before buying anything else. If you order please keep me posted on your results.

Thanks.
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Where can I buy 3G HSDPA internal antenna wiring ? - 12-17-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostone
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslitedstt

thanks
http://mydellmini.com/forum/dell-min...734.html#p5400
N740H LCD cover, White IMR, WWAN antenna included, 910
R181H LCD cover, Black IMR, WWAN antenna included, 910

I have not tried this but I'm working on this. Will try to order the above part to get a WWAN antenna. I first want to make sure my WWAN slot is active before buying anything else. If you order please keep me posted on your results.

Thanks.
I couldn't make any sense of that link you posted ! Can't find anything on google about those product codes. I did find a quad band gsm internal antenna from EDA. You have to buy 10 of them though... have not tested/received them yet, I'll let you know.
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Where can I buy 3G HSDPA internal antenna wiring ? - 12-17-2008, 07:28 PM

I have already ordered one. Attached is the quote.
Regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dell_order_wwan.JPG (59.2 KB, 570 views)
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Where can I buy 3G HSDPA internal antenna wiring ? - 12-17-2008, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matu?q
I have already ordered one. Attached is the quote.
Regards
Are you certain that the antenna is there ? I wonder if I can buy this form the Canadian Dell store.
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Where can I buy 3G HSDPA internal antenna wiring ? - 12-20-2008, 05:32 AM

Keep us posted on what you receive. I have tried to order the same part but they won't sale it to me because my service tag is not correct for that part. When I refused to give them the service tag they look it up under my account! Whatever. I had the same problem with ordering the international keyboard until I told the rep that if I didn't get the keyboard I was going to return the computer.

Anyway after five times trying I have decided to roll my own. This is more fun, and maybe cheaper. I found some 3G gsm antennas for about five bucks a piece so will give that a try.

Man it hard is hard at least for me to order dell parts. So much for making money, I sure there is a reason.

For the record I connected my 3g mc8781 card to the wifi antenna and the reception was great.

Later
  (#7) Old

Default Re: Where can I buy 3G HSDPA internal antenna wiring ? - 12-20-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Keep us posted on what you receive. I have tried to order the same part but they won't sale it to me because my service tag is not correct for that part. When I refused to give them the service tag they look it up under my account! Whatever. I had the same problem with ordering the international keyboard until I told the rep that if I didn't get the keyboard I was going to return the computer.

Anyway after five times trying I have decided to roll my own. This is more fun, and maybe cheaper. I found some 3G gsm antennas for about five bucks a piece so will give that a try.

Man it hard is hard at least for me to order dell parts. So much for making money, I sure there is a reason.

For the record I connected my 3g mc8781 card to the wifi antenna and the reception was great.

Later
please tell me where you bought your gsm antennas. thank you
  (#8) Old

Default Re: Where can I buy 3G HSDPA internal antenna wiring ? - 12-20-2008, 03:45 PM

ebay

there are several vendors. I have some wifi antennae already will cut the ends and solder the iphone 3g or 2g antenna on. The iphone has a gsm antenna that is very small and should work nicely. There are actually vendors on the internet that sale real gsm antennae but I did not want to pay the high price. Google is your friend. The best option is figure out how to get dell to sale you one. That is a hit and miss option and I have had no luck with that at all.

Go to ebay and search for "iphone antenna"

Don't use the quotes.

Since this is a real hack, I would probably wait until I mess up before buying anything like this. ;-))
  (#9) Old

Default Re: Where can I buy 3G HSDPA internal antenna wiring ? - 12-21-2008, 12:22 AM

Tried again to order part number X055J.

I finally got ugly, stop being nice, and told the sales person to tell me point blank if Dell was going to sale me the part or not. I told them I knew exactly what part I wanted and I was not going to give them any service tag number or any other numbers to complete my order. After waiting on hold for over five minutes the sales person said we have the part and took my order.

I know it is not the sales person fault and I felt bad for the sales person. The sales person was only doing what he/she was told to do. I had to get them off the script to get some attention.

That worked. Man it should not be this hard to order a 25 dollar part for a really cheap computer (300 refurbished). I guess they are trying so hard to make a buck that are willing to lose a buck.

I hope the real reason is the sales people wanted to make sure you get the correct part to avoid problems and that is why the service tag is so important. I remember when I gave them the service tag when I tried to order the international keyboard, it was a complete mess. To make a long story short I got the wrong keyboard. Anyway don't give them the service tag or you will end up with the same exact part. Which is good if you want to replace the exact same part. Which is true sometimes.

Will report back once I get the part next year.

Later
  (#10) Old

Default Re: Where can I buy 3G HSDPA internal antenna wiring ? - 12-27-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Tried again to order part number X055J.

I finally got ugly, stop being nice, and told the sales person to tell me point blank if Dell was going to sale me the part or not. I told them I knew exactly what part I wanted and I was not going to give them any service tag number or any other numbers to complete my order. After waiting on hold for over five minutes the sales person said we have the part and took my order.

I know it is not the sales person fault and I felt bad for the sales person. The sales person was only doing what he/she was told to do. I had to get them off the script to get some attention.

That worked. Man it should not be this hard to order a 25 dollar part for a really cheap computer (300 refurbished). I guess they are trying so hard to make a buck that are willing to lose a buck.

I hope the real reason is the sales people wanted to make sure you get the correct part to avoid problems and that is why the service tag is so important. I remember when I gave them the service tag when I tried to order the international keyboard, it was a complete mess. To make a long story short I got the wrong keyboard. Anyway don't give them the service tag or you will end up with the same exact part. Which is good if you want to replace the exact same part. Which is true sometimes.

Will report back once I get the part next year.

Later

Yes, please do let us know.