3G Mobile Broadband Discussion Discussion on 3G Mobile Broadband Packages

(#11) Old

Default Re: Where can I buy 3G HSDPA internal antenna wiring ? - 12-29-2008, 05:59 AM

The part I ordered had the WWAN antennae installed, and it works like charm! You probably don't need the whole kit but only the lid. The kit was good for me because I needed the extra screws.

Here are the part numbers below again.
N740H LCD cover, White IMR, WWAN antenna included, 910
R181H LCD cover, Black IMR, WWAN antenna included, 910
X054J LCD cover service kit, White IMR, WWAN antenna included, 910 (Include LCD white IMR cover, LCD left/right bracket, LCD left/right rubber, Screws 4270E*4, 7M490*6 )
X055J LCD cover service kit, Black IMR, WWAN antenna included, 910 (Include LCD black IMR cover, LCD left/right bracket, LCD left/right rubber, Screws 4270E*4, 7M490*6 )

Actual part numbers on the antenna were the following.
KIZ00_L REV:A00
P/N: DC33000H000
Vendor: YAGEO
KIZ00_R REV:A00
P/N: DC33000H010

I ordered part X055J

Below is a picture.

Good luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1030.JPG (170.8 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1031.JPG (126.7 KB, 93 views)
  (#12) Old

Default Re: Where can I buy 3G HSDPA internal antenna wiring ? - 12-30-2008, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostone
The part I ordered had the WWAN antennae installed, and it works like charm! You probably don't need the whole kit but only the lid. The kit was good for me because I needed the extra screws.

Here are the part numbers below again.
N740H LCD cover, White IMR, WWAN antenna included, 910
R181H LCD cover, Black IMR, WWAN antenna included, 910
X054J LCD cover service kit, White IMR, WWAN antenna included, 910 (Include LCD white IMR cover, LCD left/right bracket, LCD left/right rubber, Screws 4270E*4, 7M490*6 )
X055J LCD cover service kit, Black IMR, WWAN antenna included, 910 (Include LCD black IMR cover, LCD left/right bracket, LCD left/right rubber, Screws 4270E*4, 7M490*6 )

Actual part numbers on the antenna were the following.
KIZ00_L REV:A00
P/N: DC33000H000
KIZ00_R REV:A00
P/N: DC33000H010

I ordered part X055J

Below is a picture.

Good luck.
Well LOL ??? Does is work better that the wifi antenna ???

The Canadian Dell are too stupid to sell that X055J to me. To bad you could get another kit and sell it to me at a higher price
  (#13) Old

Default Re: Where can I buy 3G HSDPA internal antenna wiring ? - 12-30-2008, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matu?q
I have already ordered one. Attached is the quote.
Regards
I tried to email the address listed on your invoice and it was undeliverable ! Any help would be appreciated. I've never seen a company so scared of sales in all my life.
  (#14) Old

Default Re: Where can I buy 3G HSDPA internal antenna wiring ? - 12-30-2008, 06:07 AM

Using the G3 Watcher software from sierra wireless.

I had two bars out of five with the wifi antennae connected to the WWAN card.

I now have four bars out of five with the WWAN antennae connected to the WWAN card. Also have less dropouts, and now the gps function of the WWAN card works with the WWAN antennae installed.

So yes it was a great improvement and worth the upgrade. Anyway now I don't have to switch the wifi antennae back and forth.

Good luck.

PS: The email addresses on dell invoices always bounce at least for me. It makes you wonder why they even put an email address on the invoice.
  (#15) Old

Default Re: Where can I buy 3G HSDPA internal antenna wiring ? - 12-30-2008, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Using the G3 Watcher software from sierra wireless.

I had two bars out of five with the wifi antennae connected to the WWAN card.

I now have four bars out of five with the WWAN antennae connected to the WWAN card. Also have less dropouts, and now the gps function of the WWAN card works with the WWAN antennae installed.

So yes it was a great improvement and worth the upgrade. Anyway now I don't have to switch the wifi antennae back and forth.

Good luck.

PS: The email addresses on dell invoices always bounce at least for me. It makes you wonder why they even put an email address on the invoice.
Could you order another kit and charge me a premium for it ? I can't get Dell Canada to sell it to me, they are allergic to money here. !!
  (#16) Old

Default Re: Where can I buy 3G HSDPA internal antenna wiring ? - 12-30-2008, 02:58 PM

this is the email: John Christopher Samaniego <John_Christopher_Sam@amer.dell.com
  (#17) Old

Default Re: Where can I buy 3G HSDPA internal antenna wiring ? - 12-30-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matu?q
this is the email: John Christopher Samaniego <John_Christopher_Sam@amer.dell.com
Thank you. I tried. My email just keeps bouncing back to me !
  (#18) Old

Default Re: Where can I buy 3G HSDPA internal antenna wiring ? - 12-30-2008, 08:32 PM

Keep calling dell and demand that they sale you the part. I don't know what gives, but it required over seven calls before I finally got the part ordered. This has nothing to do with Canada Dell but appears to be a Dell policy not to sale parts for your computer unless the part matches the service tag.

I had to really get pushy in order to get my parts (wwan antennae and international keyboard) but it works. Read the thread on dell part numbers and international keyboard to give you an idea of what have to say in order to get parts.

To get the WWAN antennea I finally had to tell the nice lady that I wanted an answer weather dell is going to sale the parts or not period. I was tried of this mess. Didn't work for one salesperson, she hung up on me, but worked for the second. It is all about getting lucky. That worked for me but may not for you.

This is crazy to buy some parts!!!!

You can bet they will be on ebay soon. ;-)
  (#19) Old

Default Re: Where can I buy 3G HSDPA internal antenna wiring ? - 12-31-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Keep calling dell and demand that they sale you the part. I don't know what gives, but it required over seven calls before I finally got the part ordered. This has nothing to do with Canada Dell but appears to be a Dell policy not to sale parts for your computer unless the part matches the service tag.

I had to really get pushy in order to get my parts (wwan antennae and international keyboard) but it works. Read the thread on dell part numbers and international keyboard to give you an idea of what have to say in order to get parts.

To get the WWAN antennea I finally had to tell the nice lady that I wanted an answer weather dell is going to sale the parts or not period. I was tried of this mess. Didn't work for one salesperson, she hung up on me, but worked for the second. It is all about getting lucky. That worked for me but may not for you.

This is crazy to buy some parts!!!!

You can bet they will be on ebay soon. ;-)

Well, after 14 separate calls to Dell Canada I finally ran across someone who was willing to do the work involved with finding the X055J. The other 13 made some of the most outrageous excuses... one told me that the mini 9 was too small for a WWAN antenna and that the US version actually doesn't have one, they just say it does LOL... wow

I have ordered the same kit as you and I thank you for all the help. Did your signal increase ???
  (#20) Old

Default Re: Where can I buy 3G HSDPA internal antenna wiring ? - 01-01-2009, 05:15 AM

Yes! Thu signal is great now!

Signal is twice as better than with the wifi antennae! The gps part of the card would not work with the wifi antennae and now the gps part works great the WWAN antennae.

This is a must have upgrade if you have a WWAN card!

Glad to see you finally got through to someone that will sale you one.

Keep us posted on how it goes with your upgrade.

Later