Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old

Default 5530 Wireless Manager for Windows 7? - 12-08-2009, 07:44 AM

Hi,

I've installed W7 on my Mini 10 and it's working great. Seems a bit snappier than XP with the basic theme, a bit slower with aero enable but it looks great.

My only issue is the 5530 WWAN card. I installed the driver from the Dell site and when I start Windows with the SIM in there is a notification in the tray that a network is detected and I can connect. This works fine for 2G but not 3G networks - the connection fails. I could previously connect to 3G networks using the default XP install and Wireless Manager.

Can anyone tell me or point me to version of DELL Wireless Manager that works on W7? The version I got from the W7 drivers page on the Dell site seemed to be for a different WWAN card and didn't detect mine.

Cheers
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-08-2009, 10:11 AM

I have a 10v rather than a 10, running on Windows 7, which has a Dell installed 5530 card, and also a Vodafone (U.K.) SIM.

The driver I am using is the Dell Wireless Manager from their 10v / Windows 7 section, (link) which although they actually state is for the 5540 card (whatever that is!) does also add the GPS option, and gives me a good 'solid' connection to the Vodafone network.

Hope this helps!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#3) Old

Default 12-08-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montala View Post
I have a 10v rather than a 10, running on Windows 7, which has a Dell installed 5530 card, and also a Vodafone (U.K.) SIM.

The driver I am using is the Dell Wireless Manager from their 10v / Windows 7 section, (link) which although they actually state is for the 5540 card (whatever that is!) does also add the GPS option, and gives me a good 'solid' connection to the Vodafone network.

Hope this helps!
Thanks. Does that driver include the Connection Manager application? Or what are you using to create the connection and enable/disable the WWAN card power?
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-08-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD View Post
Thanks. Does that driver include the Connection Manager application? Or what are you using to create the connection and enable/disable the WWAN card power?
Although I did download the Dell one when I installed Windows 7 I don't consciously ever use it as such, so I assume it is enabled all the time.

Isn't there one built into Windows 7 anyway though?

I did post some screen shots in an associated thread which, together with some others, you can find at: http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/wind...n-drivers.html , which might help clarify things a bit... or to confuse you a bit more!

Don't forget though, I am on a 10v rather than a 10, which may, or may not, make any difference.

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN