My Digital Discount MDD are online retailers of Runcore SSD drives and accessories for your Dell Mini netbook.

(#1) Old

Default New 5000mAh (now 5200mAh) Mini9 Battery - 12-28-2009, 03:50 AM

I noticed MDD discontinued the 5200mAh battery and swapped to a new 5000mAh one. Just wondering why the change (it is cheaper though)?

The old 5200mAh as far as I know works fine with A04/A03 (mini, vostro respectively) with the exception of the rare blinking lights that is solved by reseating, etc.

The description for the new 5000mAh is the exact same as the 5200mAh (so it says it works with bios A04-mini9 and A03-vostro). Does MDD testing find it functions better, same, worse under those bios'?
  (#2) Old

Default 12-28-2009, 09:47 PM

The 5200 mAh batteries that are no longer available. We did receive a sample of the 5000 mAh batteries and after testing we have found that they have similar qualities.

MyDigitalDiscount.com is your connection to the digital world.

Join the MDD Community: Follow us on Twitter.com/MyDigital or become a fan on Facebook.com/MyDigitalDiscount to get the latest news, product updates and exclusive offers.
  (#3) Old

Default 12-31-2009, 03:34 AM

Ah, that answers my other question. But raises a few more.

I realize that 200mAh isn't much compared to the 5000mAh total, but I have a hard time believing that the usage time is the exact same.

Though I'll still end up getting one sooner or later. Great job keeping these going.
Thanks.
  (#4) Old

Default 01-04-2010, 06:44 PM

We understand the worry about the 5000mAh battery and we have some good news. While we were satisfied with the 5000's performance, we will now be carrying the Better-Power 5200mAh battery that is compatible with Dell Mini 9 BIOS revision A05. This battery will provide the same performance of the MyDigital Batteries without having to roll back your BIOS.

All orders placed for the Better-Power 5000mAh batteries will be upgraded to the new 5200mAh battery. Read more here.

Join the MDD Community: Follow us on Twitter.com/MyDigital or become a fan on Facebook.com/MyDigitalDiscount to get the latest news, product updates and exclusive offers.
  (#5) Old

Default 01-04-2010, 09:39 PM

Very nice. That not only makes my inquiry invalid, but blows it away.
I'm definitely going to get one once the paychecks start coming in.

Did you have to do anything to make it work with A05 or were the batteries just the thing holding it back?
  (#6) Old

Default 01-04-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tismon View Post
Very nice. That not only makes my inquiry invalid, but blows it away.
I'm definitely going to get one once the paychecks start coming in.

Did you have to do anything to make it work with A05 or were the batteries just the thing holding it back?
It was just the batteries themselves. Most 3rd party batteries had problems with A05 but Better-Power seems to have figured it out. We plugged it in right out of the box and everything worked perfectly.

(#7) Old

Default 01-05-2010, 12:29 AM

Well, that news was a pleasant surprise, A05 extended battery finally!!

Instantly placed my order, hopefully it ships soon and works well =)
  (#8) Old

Default 01-06-2010, 03:33 AM

order placed

Been waiting for these for a long time
  (#9) Old

Default 01-06-2010, 06:56 AM

I am also placing a order for one after I go deposit the check later today.
Will wait patiently to receive it.

Vostro A90 2GB RAM/16 GB SSD/16GB SDHC/0.3 Web Cam/Bluetooh/10.6.2/NBI 0.8.3/8-Cell battery
  (#10) Old
Super Moderator

Default 01-06-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDD Jeremy View Post
It was just the batteries themselves. Most 3rd party batteries had problems with A05 but Better-Power seems to have figured it out. We plugged it in right out of the box and everything worked perfectly.
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R254 112&SystemID=INSPIRON910&servicetag=&os=WW1&osl=en &deviceid=18840&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=7&cat id=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=1&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=372333

Sounds good but have you also confirmed working with latest Mini9 A06 BIOS linked above?