My Digital Discount MDD are online retailers of Runcore SSD drives and accessories for your Dell Mini netbook.

(#1) Old

Default RunCore 50mm PATA USB enclosures are now on eBay - 09-17-2009, 03:20 PM

Do you want to upgrade to a RunCore SSD and still make use of your stock Dell Mini SSD? Now you can!

RunCore 70mm/50mm PATA IDE Mini PCI-e SSD USB enclosures are available exclusively on our eBay store. Make use of your old PATA Mini PCI-e by converting it into an USB 2.0 external drive and enjoy the extra space today.

Click here to buy on MDD

Click here to buy on eBay

MyDigitalDiscount.com is your connection to the digital world.

Join the MDD Community: Follow us on Twitter.com/MyDigital or become a fan on Facebook.com/MyDigitalDiscount to get the latest news, product updates and exclusive offers.
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default 09-17-2009, 09:03 PM

This is worthy of a News item...

Steve
  (#3) Old

Default 09-21-2009, 06:39 PM

RunCore PATA 70mm/50mm Mini PCI-e External USB enclosures are now available for preorder on My Digital Discount for anyone who missed the first eBay auction, here.

As soon as our next shipment arrives, enclosures will be available on both MyDigitalDiscount.com as well as our eBay store.

Join the MDD Community: Follow us on Twitter.com/MyDigital or become a fan on Facebook.com/MyDigitalDiscount to get the latest news, product updates and exclusive offers.
  (#4) Old

Default 09-26-2009, 01:13 AM

I don't seem to be able to access the drive using XP. Please help!
  (#5) Old
Administrator

Default 09-26-2009, 09:30 PM

Works fine for me. Which OS do you have on your drive? What is the partition type? Only if the partitions are Windows-compatible (FAT or NTFS) will they show up as drive letters. You can go to the Disk Manager under Administrative Tools to see if the drive is recognized at all.

Steve
  (#6) Old

Default 09-29-2009, 08:31 PM

Maybe someone can help because I really don't understand....

I got my other STEC in the mail today.....

Um, okay. The drive appears to be recognized. What's in there is an 8GB STEC. Alright. I'm in Disk Management. There is no drive letter, of course.

Now.... I was under the impression that I would be able to format the drive at least in XP (to make it Windows compatible). Or do I need software for that???

I'm going to check out some programs to help with formatting.... Maybe that's the route to go.... ?

Edit: The drive says it's healthy + that's it a GPT Protective Partition (7.16GB capacity).

Edit2: Okay. I killed the MBR with a freeware program & then I was able to format under Disk Management (via creating a new partition). I didn't think there was a MBR because the drive said that there was 100% free space. I just thought I'd be able to format it; apparently I was mistaken, but I got it together.
  (#7) Old

Default 09-30-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qagak View Post
Maybe someone can help because I really don't understand....

I got my other STEC in the mail today.....

Um, okay. The drive appears to be recognized. What's in there is an 8GB STEC. Alright. I'm in Disk Management. There is no drive letter, of course.

Now.... I was under the impression that I would be able to format the drive at least in XP (to make it Windows compatible). Or do I need software for that???

I'm going to check out some programs to help with formatting.... Maybe that's the route to go.... ?

Edit: The drive says it's healthy + that's it a GPT Protective Partition (7.16GB capacity).

Edit2: Okay. I killed the MBR with a freeware program & then I was able to format under Disk Management (via creating a new partition). I didn't think there was a MBR because the drive said that there was 100% free space. I just thought I'd be able to format it; apparently I was mistaken, but I got it together.
So is the enclosure working now or are you still having trouble getting the drive to read in it? I'd be more than happy to help you mot if you are still having issues
  (#8) Old

Default 09-30-2009, 05:23 PM

Update: The RunCore PATA 70mm/50mm Mini PCI-e External USB Enclosures will be arriving 10/5. Make sure to preorder yours today on the MDD website to be sure to have yours ship as early as Monday.

(#9) Old

Default 10-02-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDD Chris View Post
So is the enclosure working now or are you still having trouble getting the drive to read in it? I'd be more than happy to help you mot if you are still having issues
Hey there! I did manage to get the drive working.

There still seems to be a problem. I visited my tech friend at the computer repair shop & he + an onlooking customer noticed that one side of the chip is bright green + the other side is dark/discolored/black/fried. It also smells odd.

They told me that it would only be a matter of time before dies. I would like to exchange this enclosure for another one.

I haven't used it for any thing strenuous, just only to test the drive you see in the pic in it. (My stock STEC drive appears to be okay. Thank goodness, & of course, I don't abuse my electronics.)

Let me know what's what. Thanks!

============Learning Devices============

Last edited by Qagak; 04-02-2012 at 12:08 PM.
  (#10) Old

Default 10-02-2009, 04:43 PM

The RunCore PATA 70mm/50mm Mini PCI-e External USB Enclosures are in stock now. Place your order on the MDD website or eBay to have it ship as early as today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qagak View Post
Hey there! I did manage to get the drive working.

There still seems to be a problem. I visited my tech friend at the computer repair shop & he + an onlooking customer noticed that one side of the chip is bright green + the other side is dark/discolored/black/fried. It also smells odd.

They told me that it would only be a matter of time before dies. I would like to exchange this enclosure for another one.

I haven't used it for any thing strenuous, just only to test the drive you see in the pic in it. (My stock STEC drive appears to be okay. Thank goodness, & of course, I don't abuse my electronics.)

Let me know what's what. Thanks!

We will certainly work to get this item replaced for you.