Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#41) Old

Default Re: wakeup - 12-30-2009, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
My result is as follows:

Code:
Active Profiles:
AC Power        -1*
Battery Power        1
Currently in use:
 hibernatefile    /var/vm/sleepimage
 hibernatemode    0
 disksleep    10
 sleep        0
 displaysleep    53
 lidwake    1
 ttyskeepawake    1
 womp        1
 halfdim    1
 autorestart    0
So it seems the problem may lie elsewhere?

I have not run the NBI application on my Dellintosh yet. Will this provide any improvement?

Thank you for your reply.
I would definitely run the latest NBI, yes. Have you verified your legacy USB as being disabled in your BIOS. If not, when you run NBI, make sure that's disabled and see how it does.

Dell Mini 10v • Mac OSX 10.6.2 • 2 GB RAM • 160GB HDD • BIOS A04 •  NBI 8.3 Final
  (#42) Old

Default thanks - 01-11-2010, 04:16 PM

you solve my sleep problems
i'm running 10.6, do you suggest to update to 10.6.2?
  (#43) Old

Default Bios access - 01-23-2010, 08:43 PM

This may be a dumb question, so I'm sorry if it is, but how do you get back into the BIOS after you disable Legacy USB Support? Doesn't that disable access to F2 on boot because the laptop keyboard is a USB connection?

I'm running 10.6.2 on a mini 10v with A06

Thank you for any help
  (#44) Old
Expert Member

Default 01-23-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerogeek View Post
This may be a dumb question, so I'm sorry if it is, but how do you get back into the BIOS after you disable Legacy USB Support? Doesn't that disable access to F2 on boot because the laptop keyboard is a USB connection?

I'm running 10.6.2 on a mini 10v with A06

Thank you for any help
No, it doesn't. Just use F2.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | Windows 7 Professional | Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 | 1GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: OFF | USB Wake: OFF | BT: Enabled (self-installed BCM2046) | NBI 0.8.3 final
  (#45) Old

Default 01-30-2010, 07:39 PM

that did the trick, thanks element!
  (#46) Old

Default 01-30-2010, 09:49 PM

Yikes ! ! !
You guys are AMAZING ! ! !
I just ordered a new Dell Mini 10v and plan to make it an Hackintosh. Can I simply use the Bios that will come with it? I ordered the base base basic model. 3 cell batt, 1 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, WinXP, Black. fun fun fun . . .
mikeyp
  (#47) Old
Super Moderator

Default 01-31-2010, 09:55 AM

Hi mpaar, and welcome to the forum.

The short answer is yes, assuming of course that you are following one of Mechdrew's excellent guides, such as (assuming that you don't have access to a Mac computer) this one!

Do you plan to increase the memory in your Mini 10v first, or leave it as it is for now?

If you do have any further queries, it might be best to start a new thread, where I am sure you will receive a speedy reply!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#48) Old

Default 02-01-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4lifex8 View Post
1.Opening up the terminal and typing "sudo pmset lidwake 0" (without the quotes obviously). This is the only unnecessary step but it helped other problems I had where the screen would open and would be completely black, so I would recommend doing this, this just prevents your computer from automatically waking from sleep when you open the lid and you just have to press the power button to wake from sleep.
2. Next type "sudo pmset hibernatemode 3". Not sure what the 3 mode does differently but it defaults to 1. You can check that all these commands worked properly by typing "sudo pmset -g". Make sure you

How would you go about undoing this fix? You mentioned that the default setting for "hibernatemode" was 1, but what about "lidwake?"

Thanks.
  (#49) Old
Expert Member

Default 02-02-2010, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDR View Post
How would you go about undoing this fix? You mentioned that the default setting for "hibernatemode" was 1, but what about "lidwake?"

Thanks.
The default setting for lidwake is "1." Setting lidwake to "0" means your 10v will not wake from sleep when you open the lid (you have to press the power button). Setting it to "1" will make it wake when you open the lid. I don't find that changing this setting is necessary but YMMV.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | Windows 7 Professional | Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 | 1GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: OFF | USB Wake: OFF | BT: Enabled (self-installed BCM2046) | NBI 0.8.3 final
  (#50) Old

Send a message via AIM to BlackRich Send a message via Skype™ to BlackRich
Default 02-08-2010, 11:00 PM

Worked great, thanks a bunch. I wasn't aware of this problem when I finally got OS X installed a few days ago, and when i put it in sleep and tried to go back to it, I got this crazy panic, and had to reinstall. Much appreciated.

Dell Mini 10v|OSX 10.6.3|NBI 0.8.4 RCI|1GB RAM|160 GB HDD|BIOS A04|Obsidian Black

Tags
10v, bios, dell, fix, hackintosh, sleep