Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old

Default Kernel panic after update to 10.6.7 - 02-06-2013, 06:42 PM

Hello,

Sorry, if my problem have appeared in the past.

First: the parameters: Dell Mini 10v with A06 BIOS.

A have installed the 10.6.0 to the Mini easily. And it worked fine. Then I downloaded the 10.6.7 combo to update the system. I have installed it and before rebooting I have the Netbook Installer what was in the Applications at the SL. Then I want to restart it, but the Mini wasn’t, just disappear everything – except the wallpaper. So I force it with the power button.

Then the Mini doesn’t reboot. It makes kernel panic every time. If I try to reboot with the NBI 0.8.4 RC1, the grey background with the Apple logo appears, and a few second after it writes: „Unable to patch 64bit kernel. Please use arch=i386 to use a 10.6.2 or newer kernel. Can’t find mach_kernel”

Today morning – after the mistake – I installed the Ubuntu 10.4 and it works fine.

What could I do to make the system work?

Thank you!

P.s.: sorry for my bad english.
  (#2) Old

Default 02-07-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stojesz View Post
Hello,

Sorry, if my problem have appeared in the past.

Then the Mini doesn’t reboot. It makes kernel panic every time. If I try to reboot with the NBI 0.8.4 RC1, the grey background with the Apple logo appears, and a few second after it writes: „Unable to patch 64bit kernel. Please use arch=i386 to use a 10.6.2 or newer kernel. Can’t find mach_kernel”
Try installing 10.6.0 over the top of your current installation, then run the combo update again, but be sure to rerun NBI again just prior to reboot. A detailed procedure and lots of comments can be found here:

How to Hackintosh a Dell Mini 10v to OSX 10.6.7

I also recommend using the special NBI version found in the first post of this thread:

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/gene...ni-1010-a.html

It seems to work better on your model and my Latitude 2100.

-- Dan Shane --

Dell Latitude 2100 | Ball Field Green | 2 GB RAM | 500GB 7200 RPM HD | Windows 8.1 Enterprise| Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)

Dell Inspiron Duo | 2 GB RAM | 320GB 7200 RPM HD | Windows 8.1 Enterprise| Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)
  (#3) Old

Default 02-08-2013, 06:13 AM

Thank you, problem solved!

When I installed the update, I was unpatient when force the machine to reboot.

Now I have installed Win7, then the SD Card with the NBI start to work. Then I installed the 10.6 and now the updating to 10.6.7 is in progress.

Thanks again!