Dell Mini 1012 Discussion forum on the new 2010 Dell Mini 1012, featuring an Intel Atom N450 CPU.

(#1) Old

Default what should I be reading - 04-24-2010, 06:44 PM

Hi a general question regarding the 1012 I guess I needed info fast, I'll try ironing out the bugs etc during the week. Thanks, if all the things don't work I' might go to windows 7 starter Just to get all the functionality of this netbook up and running

thanks in advance

ps. What did I do wrong?
  (#2) Old

Default 04-24-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyaw View Post
Hi a general question regarding the 1012 I guess I needed info fast, I'll try ironing out the bugs etc during the week. Thanks, if all the things don't work I' might go to windows 7 starter Just to get all the functionality of this netbook up and running

thanks in advance

ps. What did I do wrong?
What was the question?

Skip win7 starter and run a full edition of win7. I run win7 ultimate with no problems.
  (#3) Old

Default 04-24-2010, 10:16 PM

how did i get here i am not good with computar
  (#4) Old

Default u r silly illy - 04-24-2010, 11:39 PM

y did you join

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

I mean if I can't get this tin can running over the weekend I'm going to abort on doing this
  (#5) Old

Default 04-25-2010, 07:27 AM

no gym for home?
  (#6) Old

Default 04-25-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbean View Post
I run win7 ultimate with no problems.
Do you run Ultimate with Aero or Basic theme?

If with Aero, do you notice much of a hit on the battery? I am running Ultimate and find it runs much better with Aero enabled, but it does seem to drain the battery more than if I run it using a Basic theme..... just wondered if you noticed the same?

Harters

Dell Mini 1012: Windows 7 Home Premium: Alpine White LCD Cover: HD True Life 1366 x 768 Screen: Broadcom Crystal HD Media Accelerator Card with SRS Surround Sound: 250 GB HDD: 6 Cell Battery: Dell 365 Bluetooth: 1.3MP Camera
  (#7) Old

Default 04-25-2010, 08:24 PM

I think my system is a hybrid. I got the 6hr battery and the wireless n minicard. proc. n450@1.66 vid card no data with 7 but I paid 299 when I ordered. And the 6hr battery and wireless n paid off compared to the newer model. These things aren't meant for intensive stuff anyway. They are fun comps. no Hdmi or bluetooth methinks. As for your quest. Don't really know. Just updated it and stuff haven't done all the fine tuning as yet will let you know in the morn. Wireless is a go

mozilla is a go and doing windows live now

thx,

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

well just outside of the box, aero will be graphic intensive and if it is. There goes your battery life. You really can't have your cake and eat it too. LOL