Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old

Default My Dell Mini's fallen asleep and can't wake up! - 12-16-2009, 02:58 PM

When closing the lid my Dell Mini 10V falls asleep and can only be woken up by power the machine down and then powering back on..

How do I fix this?? I've seen the thread that says they found a fix but there are like 3 or 4 different things people did and I dont want to mess up anything...

10V
A05
Snow Leopard 10.6.1

Thanks,
Gregg
  (#2) Old

Default 12-16-2009, 03:30 PM

On start up, press F2 to enter the BIOS....then go over to Advanced and scroll down to USB Legacy Support. Disable that, press F10 to save and exit. Your machine will reboot. You should be good.

- Dell Mini 10v (SL 10.6.1 and BIOS A05)
- Mac Pro (SL 10.6.2, 8Core 2.66GHz, 16GB RAM)
- iPhone
  (#3) Old

Default 12-16-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalexsmith View Post
On start up, press F2 to enter the BIOS....then go over to Advanced and scroll down to USB Legacy Support. Disable that, press F10 to save and exit. Your machine will reboot. You should be good.
awesome i'll try when i get home thx
  (#4) Old

Default 12-16-2009, 04:12 PM

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell...ackintosh.html .... This worked for me! If you can't get it to wake up, take out it's battery and power cable

------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my guide for installing SL 10.6.2 on your brand new Dell Mini 10v!
  (#5) Old

Default 12-16-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frasierman View Post
http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell...ackintosh.html .... This worked for me! If you can't get it to wake up, take out it's battery and power cable
Or you can just hold the power button until it turns off :P

Dell Mini 10v | A05 BIOS | NBI 0.8.3 Final - Accessible system
  (#6) Old

Default 12-16-2009, 11:55 PM

i did the following

AFTER RESTART SETTINGS GO BACK TO HAVING USB LEGACY SUPPORT ENABLED

Next I did the following

1.Opening up the terminal and typing "sudo pmset lidwake 0" (without the quotes obviously). This is the only unnecessary step but it helped other problems I had where the screen would open and would be completely black, so I would recommend doing this, this just prevents your computer from automatically waking from sleep when you open the lid and you just have to press the power button to wake from sleep.
2. Next type "sudo pmset hibernatemode 3". Not sure what the 3 mode does differently but it defaults to 1. You can check that all these commands worked properly by typing "sudo pmset -g". Make sure you spelled hibernatemode and lidwake right because I don't have my Hackintosh in front of me so I am spelling them from memory.
3. Next just restart your computer and hit F2 at the dell screen to open your BIOS. Go to the advanced tab I believe and disable the option "Legacy USB support".

Again USB Legacy reverts back to being enabled upon restart. Also when it falls asleep even before the restart my Mini doesnt wake up. It shows a black screen so/ I press the power button and it still just shows the black screen

(#7) Old

Default 12-17-2009, 03:36 AM

I hate the flaky wont wake from deep sleep bug; RC3 worked quite well, but RC4 doesnt seem as reliable... I refer to this failure to wake issue = "COMA".

So anyways, when my Mini goes into a coma, I find that holding down the Power key for about a 1/2 second often revives it. It sometimes brings up a dialog box that asks if I want to restart, and I choose 'No'. And just as often, the coma cannot be cured, and I have to hold down the Power button for a couple seconds, to force a power-down...

Dell Mini 9; Crucial 64GB SSD, 2GB RAM; BT & 1.3MP Cam
OSX 10.6.7 | BIOS A05 | NBI 20100616212351 | USB BIOS Legacy Support: Disabled | Bluetooth: Enabled
  (#8) Old

Default 12-18-2009, 01:44 AM

My suspicion is that when the screen won't wake it is just the screen that won't wake because when it happens to me the little indicator light is always on full not pulsating. So I suspect the Mini is actually running normally but I just can't see it!

Actually, if I disable USB legacy and put it to sleep it will go to sleep normally, with the pulsating light, and wake normally if I try to wake it for a little while. But after 10 or so minutes the light comes back on full time, and the Mini starts heating up as if it is on rather than asleep. So I think it is half waking itself up, but leaving just the screen asleep. Very odd.