Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#81) Old
Administrator

Default 09-26-2012, 08:27 PM

Actually, a tablet with a keyboard that slots the tablet in towards the middle, such as the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard for iPad, takes the same space (or even less) than a Mini 9.

Steve
  (#82) Old

Default 10-23-2012, 11:59 AM

still using my beloved dell mini 9

changing the OS every 3 or 4 mothes but now mint linux is good enough
  (#83) Old

Default 10-23-2012, 07:18 PM

I'm still running my Mini 9 as well. Tried a TON of different OSes on it over the last few years, but finally settled on Lubuntu.

Haven't run into many problems with it, although I've noticed that the battery is finally starting to drop off (only getting around 40 minutes on a full charge anymore). I'll be sad if/when this thing finally bites the dust. It's been a great little computer.

Dell Mini 9 (Alpine White) -- 16GB SuperTalent SSD -- 2GB Kingston RAM -- 8GB Sandisk Ultra II SDHC -- 1.3MP webcam -- Windows 7 RC / Linux Mint 7 RC
  (#84) Old

Default Dusting it off... - 11-04-2012, 04:09 PM

Pulling mine back off the shelf; it started loosing WiFi connections, but missing it now. Checking back here to see most recommended OSes.

Great there is still such an active community to support these.
  (#85) Old

Default 11-07-2012, 10:29 PM

After a final trip with it to Puerto Rico last month, the time has finally come to retire my A90. After buying it an extra year of life with tweaks and a new battery, that battery won't hold a charge anymore either and the machine is crawling more and more. I have moved on and just got a Surface tablet with keyboard to replace it, and I love it. But I just want to say my Mini served me well in a lot of places.

Vostro A90 - Windows 7 Home Premium, 32GB Super Talent SSD (GFDL), 2GB G.SKILL RAM, 8 cell 5200 mAh Better Power battery, 0.3MP webcam, Bluetooth
  (#86) Old

Default 11-13-2012, 01:29 PM

I have had mine for close to 6 years. Maxed out Ram to 2 Gb installed Runcore 32GB SSD. I am running Windows 8 Pro with Media Center and Office 2010 Pro as well. I have edited the registry to downscale the video and allow for the res to go to 1024 x 768. Runs great and I also own an IPad. I sold my 1012 a while ago but could not give up my 910. I have used it each year to take all my Computer programing classes. My Inspiron 1764 was just too damn heavy and I have t0o have windows to do school work.
  (#87) Old
Administrator

Default 11-14-2012, 01:28 AM

6 years? Given that the Mini 9 was released fall 2008, that seems unlikely. Mine is is 4 years old.

Steve
  (#88) Old

Default 12-01-2012, 10:47 PM

I have two and use both daily.One in the shop for ordering parts and viewing schmatics,One where I sit,To view forums and search out parts.Both have nevered failed!
  (#89) Old

Default Mini 9 - 12-05-2012, 07:53 AM

Still use mine. I Bought it in March of 08. I have Linux Mint on it & it works great.
  (#90) Old

Default 12-10-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weber72 View Post
Haven't run into many problems with it, although I've noticed that the battery is finally starting to drop off (only getting around 40 minutes on a full charge anymore). I'll be sad if/when this thing finally bites the dust. It's been a great little computer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
.....that battery won't hold a charge anymore either and the machine is crawling more and more.

Had mine since it came out in 08. Found xp on fat32 was the best option. Sold it to a friend ~6 months ago, and he is now getting the dreaded "incompatible battery" error. It still works, but he has to keep it plugged in.

Tablets have taken over, lol.