Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old

Send a message via MSN to applguy
Smile Updated iTunes to 10.5 but first did a TimeMachineBackup- help! - 11-05-2011, 05:07 AM

Hello Fellow Members,
First I did a Time Machine Backup so I think I should be able to restore from my Time Machine Backup- just not sure how to do this!

Then I updated to iTunes 10.5 and I get the endless reboot.
I first ran the Netboot Installer- then did the iTunes Update- then ran the Netboot Installer and restarted!

Like I said, I did a Time Machine Backup- so how do I resort to the Time Machine Backup and get away from the endless reboot?
  (#2) Old

Default 11-11-2011, 05:46 PM

It seems that you also updated the OS into 10.6.8, so you need to follow the tutorial how to install 10.6.8 update.
  (#3) Old

Send a message via MSN to applguy
Exclamation Back at Square One! - 11-14-2011, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6680jc View Post
It seems that you also updated the OS into 10.6.8, so you need to follow the tutorial how to install 10.6.8 update.
Hello,
I decided to take the plunge and revert my beloved Dell Mini 10v back to the Windows side. No, I don't have a Mac running Leopard/Snow Leopard (I do have one running Tiger). I reformatted the Hard Drive with the Dell Windows disk and then downloaded a Bios A04 floppy disk image (with a Dell PC laptop I have) from the Dell website. I made sure it was the correct Bios A04 image for the Mini 10v by inputting the Tag number from the bottom of the machine (machine is still under warranty from Dell).
I was running A06 on Snow Leopard- but reverted it back down to A04.
So the next question would be: I probably re-insert the Dell Windows CD back in the external drive and re-format the hard drive with one partition for the Mac Volume. I could buy a bigger 2.5" sata hard drive and get two decent size partitions (one for XP & one for Mac Snow Leopard). I guess I could re-install Windows XP on one partition and then how do I get Snow Leopard to install on the other partition?
You have to understand- I bought my Dell Mini 10v already set up running Snow Leopard can someone on the list sell me a 'pre-set-up' usb flash drive with what I need to get the Snow Leopard CD (I have the retail CD) to install on the partition?
I have an external drive I was using to do my Time Machine Backups on- but once I did the 10.6.8 update (mistakenly) the Dell Mini would not boot off of the Time Machine Backup.
And I didn't wait for someone to tell me how to do the 10.6.8 install tutorial!

Please let me know at your earliest convenience- Todd Naber
  (#4) Old

Default 11-14-2011, 09:29 PM

First, you don't need to downgrade your bios.
If you want to have dual boot mac os x and windows, I suggest you to convert your HDD partition table to GPT (GUID Partition Table) and then create a data storage partition and an EFI partition, for example (the partition on my mini) :
-EFI partition
-Windows partition
-Data partition
-OS X partition
You can convert to GPT and create those partition using windows diskpart on windows install dvd/cd.