General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Exclamation Mini 1012 OSX Support - 01-05-2010, 09:32 PM

As we all know, the new Dell Mini 1012 is out and available for purchase.

I will not go into details about the device here, because there are plenty of threads and blogs talking about that...

The big question for the OSX community is "Will the new Mini 10 run OSX?!" and the answer to this is "Yes, it should!!"

I have spoken with Meklort and we would like to turn to the community in an effort to raise more funds to purchase a Mini 10 unit for development. We would equip this with the HD option so that development of a CrystalHD driver under OSX would be possible. The baseline starting price for the new fangled Mini 10 is $299. Dell has not announced/revealed what the pricing with the CrystalHD/HD package will be.

I know everyone is probably thinking "Why not just use money currently saved in the donation account towards the new Mini 10?!" Yes, we are willing to do that and it is a possibility that we will have to use some of the donation money that we have saved up... but we would like to keep that on reserve for renewing our Apple ADC subscription and for unexpected development expenses, if anything may pop up.

Hopefully we can get a little push in donations within the next month to help us afford a Mini 10 without dipping into the reserved donation money. This would be amazingly helpful and would allow NBI to support the new Mini 10.

Thank you for all of your love and support. Please click the donate button in my signature if you are able to help in any way!! All donations are appreciated

Please note, I have already spoken with meklort regarding this and as far as he is concerned, it should be possible for all of the hardware in the new Mini 1012s to be supported under OSX. Even more motivation to get a 10212 and help meklort get one so that the support under NBI is as good as possible!!

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | osx.mechdrew.com -- the best OSX installation guides
  (#2) Old
Expert Member

Default 01-05-2010, 09:36 PM

I just donated something other than my $.02 lol.

C:\M11xR2\320GBHD\4GBRAM\W7HP
D:\duo\320GBHD\2GBRAM\W8DP
  (#3) Old

Default 01-05-2010, 10:10 PM

Just donated!! Can we get a cool SITE SUPPORTER logo in our tags?? :P

Mini 10v
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 01-05-2010, 10:14 PM

Thanks for the donations. For clarification, this money is not going to MyDellMini in any way. The NebookInstaller donations are a separate entity and is simply a donation fund to cover developer expenses related to running OSX on a netbook.

Explanations of this donation account and the morals and philosophy behind it can be found under the "Announcements" section of the OSX section of the forum.

Thanks again for your donations, but at this time there is no way to visibly recognize members who have donated on the forums because the donations are not associated with the site. I wish there was some way to do what you are asking

I guess the best thing is the warm-fuzzy feeling you get inside from knowing that you are supporting an amazing cause and helping with developments costs of a great piece of software!

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | osx.mechdrew.com -- the best OSX installation guides
  (#5) Old

Default 01-22-2010, 02:37 PM

Hm, I don't see a donate button in the sig, and the donate link in the first post doesn;t seem to work for me; anyone else does it work for you?
  (#6) Old

Default 01-22-2010, 05:16 PM

-=|| Mini10v | 2GB | 120GB | BT | Win7 Pro | OSX 10.6.2 ||=-
  (#7) Old

Send a message via Yahoo to pulisi
Default 03-30-2010, 05:08 AM

Dear all,
my name is imam, from surabaya-indonesia.
i'd like to donate in the favor of my dell mini 1012 that works thanx to this forum. but i don't have paypal account as i don't have credit cards. donate in my local currencies would do no good either. so i'd like to think about western union, is that applicable? CMIIW, it's more acceptable to my thinking. Thank you and forgive my limitation.