Thread: output to hdtv
View Single Post
  (#3) Old

Default 02-26-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swl33t View Post
recieved my m11x today! Trying to hook it up to the hdtv as i type but having no luck in any way? I have plugged the lead into the tv and the m11x although nothing is being prompted on the laptop or coming up on the tv, any help would be mighty nice!
swl,

I haven't tried this yet on my M11x, but I did it several times on my Inspiron 11z. There are a couple things you should know:

1) You can output HD just fine on the Intel 4500MHD. It has built-in ability to handle HD content just fine.

2) To enable the external display through HDMI, you will need to right-click on the desktop, and click Personalize. When you get the Personalize (wallpaper, themes, etc) screen, click on Display on the lower left, then click Change Display Settings on the resulting window, top left. Once you are in Display Settings, you should see the external TV/monitor in addition to the built-in display. There you can change your settings for mirror or extend desktop and so on.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Charlie

True mercy is never earned.

Desktop: Phenom II X4 960T 3.0GHz (unlocked to X6)|8GB 1600 DDR3|500GB|Radeon HD 6750|Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Notebook: Inspiron 1121|Core i3-330UM|8GB 800 DDR3|320GB|Intel HD Graphics|Windows 7 Pro x64