View Single Post
  (#26) Old

Smile Step 22 - 12-16-2009, 09:56 AM

Hello,
My 10V has now been hackintoshed! I did run into one issue. The only way to update to 10.6.2 was to restart. You don't have an option to not restart. Only option is to install & restart. It installs the updates and automatically restarts the netbook. I crossed my fingers and it came back up fine. I did run the
0.8.3 RC4 again after it came back up.

Step 22. Hit the Apple logo at the top left, Software Update, then update..... once it wants you to install, install but when it tells you to restart DO NOT RESTART!!!

Also, I did the step below but noticed in 0.8.3 RC4 there is an option to create the dsdt.aml file. I did not want to chance it!
Step 21. Run NetbookInstaller 0.8.2 (alpha) and have it generate the dsdt.aml file. Then exit NetbookInstaller 0.8.2 and run 0.8.3 RC4.

Thanks for all of your help! The guide works. You might want to update step 22. Next project is taking the whole thing apart to add 2 GB of ram. Wonder if they made it hard to get to it because microsoft won't allow 2 GB of ram to be installed if it comes with XP? I talked to a sales rep and they said they can't sell it with 2 GB of ram if it has XP on it. You can get Ubuntu on it with 2 GB but they won't sell you the Wireless N card then. They say it is not compatable with Ubuntu. I guess you have to roll the dice and decide what you want to have.

Thanks again!