View Single Post
  (#17) Old

Default 02-21-2014, 03:55 AM

Well, I've learned a lot. I've learned that I don't know a lot. I decided to do a total reinstall of Win.XP. Got an optical drive on Amazon, I think, and did the OS and the drivers.....still no wifi. Dell wouldn't help without a charge. Frustration starting to set in.
I took the mini to another hot-spot and it acquired the IP w/ no problem. So I figured it had to be something in the router. Called Verizon, my provider, and they said router was fine after they sent tests. I asked them if I could just exchange it and they said sure, no charge.
All good now! Whewww.
But, I am very curious to learn about setting up the network RRFran, if you don't mind. I did look at the router on the browser while setting up everything. I see where you are controlling everything. It is def. something I'm interested in learning about, since we have a 4 year old who already is pretty good at finding videos and such on the iPod while he's playing with it. I know I'll need to control his access.
If you don't mind, could we start a thread, or is there one already, on the subject? I think a lot of people could benefit from that knowledge, if and when you could find the time to share it. I don't want to take too much of your time, so a brief tutorial/instruction would be a good start. If I or anyone else has questions after that, you or others could help us through it, providing a secure confidence that we're doing what we want to in this area.
Thanks!