View Single Post
  (#16) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 10-14-2012, 09:02 PM

yeah, I didn't watch the video but I checked the service manual for the 1011, I guess they changed it from the 1011 to the 1012 and 1018, those are located right under the keyboard...yours appears to be more difficult to reach, it probably wouldn't work anyway, the memory is probably seated ok, it usually doesn't just pop out, all though it is possible....at least your memory isn't like mine, I had to replace the daughter board and processor just to upgrade to 2gb and it was MUCH more expensive also, not sure what else to tell ya but it seems as the HD is fine, only otber thing I could think of would be the mobo, you didnt get any kind of a power surge or anything did you?, I always plug the power adapter into the wall BEFORE connecting to the system, some people plug it into the system 1st then in to the wall outlet, I dont like that idea, if there is gonna be any kind of a spike/surge or anything I would prefer my Mini not be connected at the time....but thats just me, I also have a single outlet surge suppressor attached to my power supply just in case and I recommend that to all my clients also....maybe check the 'For Sale' section on the board here or Ebay and see if you can get a cheap 1011 for parts or something

Good Luck

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case