View Single Post
  (#27) Old

Default more info - 02-04-2013, 05:41 AM

I will soon post a youtube video and a link to the files mentioned below. I will link the youtube video here when it is ready. The OP's theory was correct. This is not a dell mini either, but the Asus 900A has nearly identical specs.

10.7.0 final build 11A511 on Asus 900A
cpu: N270
graphics: GMA950 (0x27AE ID rev 0003)
(I only take credit in putting together this method of install. All kexts and info were taken from the web, but I mixed and matched so much that I don't remember where most of this came from)

I Installed 10.7.0 final build 11A511 directly on the mini pcie ssd through a mini pcie to usb adapter on my desktop hackintosh. I then booted up my desktop hackintosh normally (with the normal internal drive, not the pcie ssd connected with the usb adapter) and installed multibeast on the mini pcie ssd. I used 4.7.0 and installed:

Easybeast install
Motherboard Plugins (optional but works well with temperature monitors)
legacy usb support (I find it helps ps2 support)
32-bit Apple Boot Screen

That is it from Multibeast

I then pasted mach_kernel_dp1_atom_apic to the root of the drive and modified the org.chameleon.Boot.plist to reference mach_kernel_dp1_atom_apic instead of just mach_kernel (some just rename the modified kernel to mach_kernel but changing the reference in org.chameleon.Boot.plist saves all the old kernels that you might try and remind you the name and where you got it).

Next, I replaced the finder.app in System/Library/Coreservices/

Then I went to System/Library/privateframeworks/ubiquity.frameworks/versions/ and created a folder named A, then pasted Ubiquity in it (I am not sure if this is necessary, but this is what I read from another post.)

Then I opened kext wizard (not kextbeast, I used both for this installation, kextbeast later) and installed the following kexts to system/library/extensions (these happen to be everything but graphics and ps2 kexts since they donít seem to take before rebooting the drive):

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext
AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
AppleACPIPlatform.kext
VoodooBattery.kext

Then I went to maintenance in kext wizard and checked both repair permissions and rebuild cache.

Then I ejected the ssd from the hackintosh and installed and booted it up on the asus 900A. When it finally got to the desktop, I already had audio and battery indicator working, but I needed a usb keyboard and mouse to finish the setup.

Then, I used kextbeast (not kext wizard) to install the rest of the kexts (this is the one where you need to copy and paste the kexts to the desktop and then run kextbeast. I think I needed to reinstall some, so for good measure I just reinstalled all the kexts again):

4 kexts starting with AppleIntelGMA
Natit.kext
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext

+ again for good measure:
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext
AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
AppleACPIPlatform.kext
VoodooBattery.kext

At this point I went back to kext wizardís maintenance and checked repair permissions and rebuild cache.

I rebooted and had a nearly perfectly working hackintosh. I already swapped the wifi card to an apple branded Atheros card I got on ebay for about $15 that works well.

Also, I would recommend a mini pcie to usb adapter since I got stuck a few times trying to get everything right and had to take it out and use kext wizard on it to repair permissions and rebuild cache. Do not skip those steps.

Thank you