View Single Post
  (#233) Old

Default 08-25-2010, 06:13 AM

let's clear things up so we can be on the same page:

Do you have want to run a dual boot with win 7 and OSX in your 1012?

tha way I see it you can try shrinking your windows ntfs partition since you don't want to reformat and create a new fat32 filesystem for your OSX install and then run OSX install again.

"If there is any other way of confirming that the file system format needs to be something other than NTFS in order to be recognized" ===> just try the suggestion if you want to. See my signature...I run win7 ntfs on dual booted with OSX 10.6.4 on hfs (which was inititally a fat32 partition befre reformatting it to mac journaled during install)

I believe there's also a guide somewhere in OSX and 1012 thread

HOpe you'll be able to sort it out.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcamper View Post
Yes, it was nTFS. I just received it and it had windows 7 starter on it. I formatted it and put ultimate on it. I have osx 10.6.4 running on my desktop and if I recall, I could see the NTFS listed under the disk utility, I have two hard drives on my desktop so wasn't a problem to install. I am kind of hesitant to reformat it as I have installed software on it already and there is only one HD. If there is any other way of confirming that the file system format needs to be something other than NTFS in order to be recognized, please share. I hope a solution will be found soon. Thanks!

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTgyNTQ3OTQ5
DELL MINI 10v | 2G | BLACK OSX 10.6.4
DELL MINI 1012 | 2G | ICE BLUE Windows 7 and OSX 10.6.4