Windows XP The default Windows installation, Discuss tips, tweaks, drivers and more!

(#1) Old
Unhappy Flash/Javascript problems mini10 - 06-22-2009, 12:05 AM

I'm new to this forum, and I'm sure glad I found it! My mini 10 arrived 2 days ago and I have spent the weekend on the phone with Dell support. I can't download Flash Player - the "gold bar" that you're asked to click on to allow the download never appears. Sometimes pages won't load- it says there is a Javascript error. Sometimes links on the page (which are active) won't work when I click on them. Sometimes a page loads and is completely blank - and they are pages, like facebook logon, that have previously loaded find. 4 techs have tried to fix it - the last, a manager, got downright rude and said there was nothing wrong with the computer, why do I need to look at youtube videos anyway? I bought it on QVC and the nasty tech manager told me I have to send it back to QVC and wait for another. Prior to that the nice guy techs told me to return it to Dell to reload the os. I'm really frustrated. Has anyone had these issues (Dell tells me they haven't seen this problem)? Should I fight to return it to Dell for a reload. Sending it back to QVC is not a good option because they have a backlog of 45 days and I need it now. Or should I buy an external cd and try to reload it myself - how likely is that to fix the problem?
TIA for any help you can give me!
  (#2) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 06-25-2009, 05:21 PM

I certainly wouldn't send something back for something as insignificant being unable to install flash!

By the sounds of it your installing it on IE. Are you using the latest version? It should be IE 8 if you want to use IE at all. Use Windows update to update it.

I'd recommend Firefox or Google Chrome, both are pretty self-explanatory for installing flash player.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#3) Old
Default 01-06-2010, 09:02 PM

I have the exact same problem with my Mini 10 mate and can't seem to get it sorted. At least now I am not the only one.
If you find any ideas post them up. I will do the same.

flash player, java

« how to remove spysoftware | windows xp fresh install »