Windows XP The default Windows installation, Discuss tips, tweaks, drivers and more!

(#1) Old
Default local network file sharing with os x - 04-24-2009, 06:17 PM

I have a mini 9, it came with ubuntu but I am currently running XP Pro SP 3 on the machine. My desktop machine is a Mac Mini running OS X Leopard. I had no problem trading files between my dell and my mac back when I was running Ubuntu. But Windows, of course, seems to be lacking this feature. My mac mini is not even listed in My Network Places. I know I've been able to share files between windows/mac in the past, but I can't remember how I got it done.

Does anyone else have this problem? Know of any solutions?
  (#2) Old
Default local network file sharing - 10-25-2009, 11:25 PM

Sorry I won't be of any help... I am experiencing a similar problem, although the goal is different.

I am trying to create a local network between my Dell Mini 10v with Windows XP and a Dell Laptop XPS which runs Windows Vista... Impossible! I have tried the Microsoft Online help:the best advice they have is to use my Install CD for Windows XP to retrieve some files which are missing on the Dell Mini 10 v... useless, because of course there is no CD Drive on my Dell Mini!...

If anyone has a suggestion, you are more than welcome!

« Bare Minimum XP with nLite...Help | Microsoft Outlook Mobile Service »