Windows XP The default Windows installation, Discuss tips, tweaks, drivers and more!

(#1) Old
Default XP INSTALL PROBS! HELP! - 04-21-2009, 01:10 AM

Hey everyone I am new to the mini I have the 4gb with linux and am updating it to XP PRO. I have done lots of research here and have done the following:

Using a 2gb flash drive I put XP PRo on it using these instructions ... -disk.html

I tried to install and it was giving me error codes saying there was missing files. I found the missing files and started copying them. I then moved forward with the install and now it says "setup cannot find a cd-rom drive" and it can't continue hit F3 to exit.

How do i get around this so I can format and install. I'm going crazy here been working on it for too long. I am by no means an expert here but don't know what is wrong. In the bios I have set to boot on the usb flash drive and have the non-execute memory protection disabled as I heard when it is enabled it can cause errors. I have read people doing this same method without problems so what am I doing wrong, please help!

(#2) Old
Default Re: XP INSTALL PROBS! HELP! - 04-21-2009, 11:57 PM

(#3) Old
Default Re: XP INSTALL PROBS! HELP! - 04-29-2009, 05:19 AM

I am in the process of reinstalling using usb multiboot 10...from your info, it looks similar. I was stuck on the missing file hal.dll (not found)...after I reformatted and wanted to reboot. If this is you, try deleting all of the existing partitions during the first reformatting (before first reboot).

« XP Pro keeps rebooting | Quick Booting »