Windows XP The default Windows installation, Discuss tips, tweaks, drivers and more!

(#1) Old
Default Open Source Financial Modeling - 04-19-2009, 07:55 PM

I've been developing an open source financial modeling / simulation / projection application to run on my Dell Mini 9.

It working really well on the mini (lightweight, makes good use of screen space and the atom 1.6 is good match) so i thought i'd put together an installer in case other users might want to try it out.

Basically it lets you enter (and encrypt) financial accounts (checking, savings, mortage, cd's) and set up actors (recurring paychecks, mortgage payments, savings, etc) and then it can projects all fund balances at an arbitrary date in the future. It can calculate principle values and compounding interest and provide you with summary statistics such as debt/value ratio, fund disbursal, etc.

I wrote it to replace my mortgage calculation spreadsheet and unify it with all other funds so that i experiment with what-if solutions. Its does not balance your checkbook its meant to balance the next 5-20 years

You can grab the 1meg installer from here :

The development website is here :

It is now 'mostly done' so all major functionality is done, however i will likely update it occasionally with a few updates/fixes. I'd consider it a final beta.

« Any cool screensavers? | Syncplicity / DropBox »