Windows XP The default Windows installation, Discuss tips, tweaks, drivers and more!

(#1) Old
Send a message via MSN to nollie
Default Syncplicity / DropBox - 04-11-2009, 11:23 AM

I'd like to know if there are any Syncplicity or DropBox users here for their Mini's and how you use the application?

I tried out both Drop Box and Syncplicity and much preferred Syncplicity as I don't have to bundle everything I want shared into a single folder. I pay £8 or so a month for the 50GB Syncplicity subscription and think it's been great value for money. I sync all my pictures and music between PC and laptop so when I do add anything new to either system it gets updated automatically.

The most important use I've found for Syncplicity is keeping all my work files up to date, not having to worry about which version of a file I am working on is the latest. I also use it to sync all my Torrent files - if I download a torrent on the Mini (where space is pretty scarce) then it will sync with my PC and download automatically.

Are there any other uses which you use for Syncplicity or Drop Box? Had any problems with them?

Dell Mini 9 - 64GB Runcore - 2GB RAM - Windows 7 - 16GB SD - Jolicloud Beta
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Syncplicity / DropBox - 04-21-2009, 08:11 PM

I've used Mesh for a while but after accidentally wiping my files from the net/other machines whilst moving "my documents" I decided to try dropbox.

Whilst I prefer the interface/web interface for dropbox, it isn't very good for those instances where you want to open documents directly from the folders you are syncing. I have had temp files whizzing backwards and forwards, and lots of file locked errors. All of this worked invisibly in LiveMesh so I will be returning to that until competitors catch up. 5Gb is plenty for me.
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Syncplicity / DropBox - 04-21-2009, 09:08 PM

There's also Zumo Drive. I have't tried it on my Mini yet, but I've used it on my desktop and iPhone and it works great. I prefer it to Dropbox as of now.

« Open Source Financial Modeling | Free up Disc Space by deleting old Restore Points »