Windows XP The default Windows installation, Discuss tips, tweaks, drivers and more!

(#71) Old
Default 05-14-2009, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Philmatic View Post
Has anyone tried to install the Dell OEM version of XP Pro that comes with the regular size notebooks? The benefit of those is that it detects that you are using a Dell notebook and doesn't require a key OR activation. I tried it on my mini, but using the USB flash drive method and I'm fairly certain that it strips out all the OEM scripts.
I did this with external cd drive. Worked like a charm.

Mini 9 - Kingston HyperX 2GB - 32GB Runcore - XP Home
  (#72) Old
Default Error installing Mini 9 Webcam driver on XP Pro - 05-20-2009, 10:50 AM

I recently installed XP Pro SP3 on my Mini 9. I downloaded all the latest drivers from the Dell support site. All installed fine except the webcam driver (R193480). It runs, self extracts and starts to install but then bombs out with an error. I dont have the error to hand as I am at work. Anyone else had an issue with the Webcam driver and know of a fix?
  (#73) Old
Default 11-26-2009, 07:14 PM

WWAN driver wont install on my mini 9 keep saying Authentication Failed seem the software does not recognize my mini as dell computer it worked fine before but aftter the ssd replace it wont install anymore

Dell Mini 9 White OSX 10.6.7 | Bios A04 | NBI 0.8.4RC1 | 1GB | 32GB SSD | 0.3Mpx | Bluetooth ON | USB Legacy Off

« Facial Recognition | Anyone has tried Tabbles? »