Windows XP The default Windows installation, Discuss tips, tweaks, drivers and more!

(#1) Old
Default XP Media Center on the Mini 12 - 02-10-2009, 02:00 AM

So I attempted to installed XP Media Center on the Mini 12. I used a sp3 slipstreamed version of Media Center 2005 and the install went smoothly. Updated all drivers and software, etc (used all the XP drivers from the Dell site).

Everything seems to be working fine EXCEPT the Media Center itself. When I open Media Center I get a garbled bunch of blue and white patterns (see attachment).

The problem happens every time I open Media Center. Media Center is actually working, as in I can navigate from there to, e.g. open a slide show (which works). But something is very wrong with Media Center.

Any suggestions?[attachment=0:1rlgzpef]MediaCenterMessedUp.jpg[/attachment:1rlgzpef]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MediaCenterMessedUp.jpg (58.2 KB, 16 views)
  (#2) Old
Default 05-25-2009, 12:34 PM

I have a mini10 and did the exact same thing, XP MCE 2005 with all the rollups patches etc. Everything works great except for Media Center, I get the exact same blue and white boxed garbled display. Can someone from Dell chime in?
  (#3) Old
Default 05-31-2009, 09:04 PM

I am having the same problem. I have tried other drivers but still the same thing. Narrowed it down to the drivers. If you roll back to just the standard vga drivers, Media Center will work just fine.

« My Dell Mini wont install XP Pro | Aperture equivalent? »