Windows XP The default Windows installation, Discuss tips, tweaks, drivers and more!

(#11) Old
Default Re: Install XP Home OEM with Dell Serial from Mini9? - 10-16-2008, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by hyp36rmax
Thank you that answers my question. i was actually getting an Nlited copy ready with my current OEM disc, is there any difference between Dells and my OEM Home?
I can't imagine much, but I'd use the Dell disk if possible.

Someone else here mentioned having trouble with certain software after removing the wrong components when doing an nLited install, if that's a concern I'd recommend leaving everything except the languages and keyboards, that will save you some space, still allow you to do an unnatended installation, but not run into any compatability problems in the future.
  (#12) Old
Default Re: Install XP Home OEM with Dell Serial from Mini9? - 10-19-2008, 12:58 AM

I thought I read some where on here that the bloat ware was on the driver disk. If thats the case you can load all of the drivers from the Dell driver site for the mini and then just load the hacked blue tooth driver found on this site. Someone quote me if I'm wrong.

910,Black, Win 7 RC1,64gb Runcore SSD, 2gb Ram, 32gb SDHC Cls 4,B-tooth,1.3Wb Cam, Sprint Touch Pro on Verizon Modem
XPS M1330, T9300, 4gb DDR, 128gb SSD, 128mb Nvidia, LCD Screen, BT, Wireless-N, Soundblaster (320gb HDD w/ Windows 7)

« Factory restore. | Mini preload: Does it include osk.exe keyboard? »