Windows XP The default Windows installation, Discuss tips, tweaks, drivers and more!

(#1) Old
Default Can't install Windows Live OneCare - 01-17-2009, 02:22 PM

I'm trying to install Windows Live OneCare on my Mini 9 (1gb RAM, 16gb SSD, Windows XP SP3), but having problems. Install bombs at the required reboot after the download and then locks up and will not go any further to complete the installation. Install application fails to place the Live OneCare icon down in the System Tray, but does make an entry in the Start menu. When clicking the icon in the Start menu, the Live OneCare banner appears, but the application will not load. If finally times out and gives me a dialog box reporting that it cannot load. Anybody else having same problem?
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Can't install Windows Live OneCare - 01-19-2009, 06:57 PM

Are you logged in as an administrator? Just checking.

Also, you could check the Event Viewer which might at least tell you what went wrong. It might even be the same / similar problem people (including me) had installing MS Office (c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\web server extensions\40\bin\fp40ext.dll).
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Can't install Windows Live OneCare - 04-03-2009, 01:58 AM

I'm having the same problem installing Windows Live OneCare on my Dell Mini 12 (running XP Home). Has anyone found a solution to this?

I found a solution here (starting Terminal Services) ... 8b785314ee

« Dropped driver for the synaptics touch pad | use dell xp reinstall disk on an ubuntu mini »